Bing’s SantaCon was everything you wanted and more

It was snow much fun

For those of you who don’t attend Binghamton University, you’re really missing out.

This past weekend the annual SantaCon took place in downtown Binghamton. SantaCon is a seasonal event where kids dress up in holiday and festive attire — some as Santa Claus himself — and party all day.

Yes, starting at 8 in the morning the festivities began and carried on throughout the day and into the night. “Binghamton is known for a lot of things, SantaCon being one of them,” said Binghamton freshman Isha Kumar.

Kids from different schools come to Binghamton to take part in this holiday event and spend it with friends from their hometowns.

“Albany is fun but Binghamton’s SantaCon is something I wish it had,” said Albany freshman Jason Cassella. “I was able to see my friends from my high school and have a really great time.” This event provides an experience that kids from different universities can come together and share.

Some participating businesses even gave out souvenirs, including special edition mugs. A majority of the money collected was given to Toys for Tots, a charity which provides underprivileged children with resources they need and presents around the holiday season.

JT’s, a local tavern, provided this special edition mug for customers.

Businesses really got into the spirit for the holidays and went all-out with the decorations. Overall, the experience brings kids from different communities together to enjoy themselves and for a good cause.

We can’t wait to see what SantaCon 2017 has in store for Binghamton next year.

The Colonial, one of the businesses involved in Santacon, decorated the entire outside of their store!

SUNY Binghamton