An ode to Late Night at BC

Because mozz sticks will never let you down

We’ve all had that feeling in our stomachs at one point. The soft grumble calling out for some chicken tenders or fries. Late Night is by far one of the greatest treasures BC has to offer.

Those nights when you’re drowning in a puddle of your own tears because you have an exam in five hours and can’t even remember your own name. At this point, Late Night will be there for you. Those nights after you’re walking home from Alumni, the football team has taken yet another beating and your stomach is filled with despair and too much beer – Late Night will be there for you.

Those moments where you wake up in bed craving a steak and cheese because Lord only knows you won’t be able to fall back asleep without one – Late Night will be there for you. Those nights when even the sound of your roommate’s breathing makes you want to deck someone in the face and then go grab a F’real, Late Night will be there for you. Late Night will never leave you, never disappoint you and will always have your back. Late Night is the real MVP.

It’s no secret that Late Night at BC is one of the most treasured precious hours of the night to students. Late night is the drunken Taco Bell run that you don’t have to make because there are warm, succulent mozz sticks waiting for you just a few steps away. It always holds the promise of a 1,000 calorie meal you’ll most likely regret in the morning, and the steak and cheese line bumping to the latest Drake song. It’s like BC’s own personal after-party.

The mozzarella line

A fan favorite, one may call this the mother load of fried foods. From crispy chicken tenders, to golden French fries, to the crowd-pleasing chicken parm sub, this line supplies the works. Here you may find an over-worked and frazzled student looking for a meal to get them through the night, because their CSOM presentation is only hours away. Or you may find the occasional intoxicated Mod Goer, drenched in sweat due to cramped quarters, scavenging for anything fried to shovel down their throat.

The steak and cheese line

This line is not for amateurs. Bins upon bins of veggies await your scoop, as they get piled high into those pretty white bowls. If you really know what you’re doing, you’ll ask for a double steak. Nothing beats the sound of the sizzle and pop of meat hitting the hot griddle.

Now comes the hard part: trying to choose your sauce. A newbie to the steak and cheese line would immediately go to the chipotle sauce, but any regular steak goer knows that to complete your steak and cheese, you must top it off with chipotle AND barbecue sauce.

The healthy choice line

And for those who are are trying to work that diet thing, the healthy choice line is there waiting for them. Grilled chicken, caesar wraps and meatballs (are those even considered a healthy choice?) can be discovered here. But let’s be honest, we all need to put a little fat on for the upcoming winter hibernation, and a few dozen fries isn’t going to kill us anytime soon.

So let’s raise our Lower Live cups and make a toast to Late Night, ladies and gentlemen. To the food that gets us through the ups and downs at all hours of the night, and to the food that clogs our arteries one bite at a time. It’s so bad for you, it’s good. Cheers.

Boston College