A guide to productive procrastination

Start with this article

When midterms and finals come around, everyone finds themselves desperate for a break but not wanting to waste any time (looking at you CSOMers who are worried about efficiency).

As relaxing as indulging in Netflix sounds, it leads to an endless downward spiral of procrastination.

Go to the Plex or take a walk around the Res

Train for a marathon while you’re at it

To the overachievers who go to the plex and study while there, please. Let me procrastinate in peace.

The best part about exercising as a procrastination technique is you then get to prep for said exercise, actually do it, then shower. You’ve already killed at least an hour and a half if not two. And after this, obviously you’ve worked up an appetite..

The view from the John W. Weeks bridge in Boston – definitely worth the run

Make yourself a gourmet/healthy dinner

Sorry underclassmen this isn’t really a possibility for you, but definitely a satisfying way to procrastinate. Lines in Lower are long as ever so that’ll also kill a lot of time.

For those with kitchens…This also leads to you going grocery shopping, which is a fantastic way to kill time and get creative with dinners.

Clean your room

If you’re busy enough to actually need  productive procrastination then your room is most likely a disaster. So take an hour, bump some music and get cleaning!

Desk is definitely being utilized properly

Call your family

When I say call your family I mean literally every family member that you haven’t spoken to since you left home after winter break. Parents, grandparents and aunts and uncles really want to hear about your life and they’ll always boost you up, plus then you can feel good about yourself that you were in touch. As long as you can get through this without them asking if you’ve finally found a s/o this is definitely a good way to procrastinate. (Plus, you can do this one while laying in bed. WIN)

Create a new Spotify playlist to study to

Study playlists are a hard balance.

You can’t get too hype because then you’ll wanna blow everything off and just go drink. But you also can’t be too mellow because seriously, studying is boring and we don’t wanna be depressed. Finding the happy medium takes a long time you know.

In case you need a guide to find that middle ground

Update your resume/LinkedIn

Although this may not be the most exciting thing to do in place of doing actual school work, its definitely productive and most likely necessary. Updating your LinkedIn – also boring but at least you can sort of be social by trolling “people you may know”.  Gotta get those 500+ connections.

Read The Tab BC 

Because we’re always here to help!

Boston College