BREAKING: Joe and Niki announce their bid for UGBC President and VP

We thought this might be coming

Today, UGBC sent out a campus-wide email re-opening elections nominations for new candidates. This followed two candidate teams dropping out of the elections over the past week.

In a statement to The Tab, Joe Arquillo (LSOE ’17) confirmed his intentions to run with Niki Patel (CSOM ’17).

He said: “Niki Patel and I are happy to announce that we will be running in the upcoming UGBC Presidential Election.

“We know that the daily life of most BC students does not include UGBC. As an organization for dialogue and discourse across the university, we want UGBC to help students engage with the student government, administrators, and policymakers about issues that they are passionate about.

“It’s important to us that UGBC is a place that brings together students and the university in a way that fosters excitement and support for real change.

“It’s time we actually have an open and honest conversation that brings what students actually care about to the table. With the support of our fellow Boston College students, we will continue to advocate!”

Boston College