Girls getting ready to go out, from a guy’s perspective

Going out is a lot more difficult than you think

You probably have a good idea of what the typical weekend night is comprised of.

From getting ready in your dorm room to sending out mass group texts trying to find plans, to quickly consuming large amounts of alcohol – things tend to be similar weekend to weekend.

For girls, this process has become second nature at this point in the school year. There’s a sort of science that ladies have nailed down. And you don’t fix what isn’t broken.

To get a better idea of what ensues on a GNO, I followed my Tab reporter, Gabriella Candeleiri, around to find out what the hell happens.

Getting ready: A saga

The night starts with Gab getting ready with her fellow roommates. This is a process if I ever saw one.

Mixed drinks are poured and things get real.

I had a hard time understanding how these are not the exact same shirt

There were probably more outfit changes than people in that Eagle’s lines at noon on a Wednesday. And the way they applied eyeliner – you’d think they were performing brain surgery.

All the while, there was a heated back and forth about the best plan for the night.

For the sake of comparison, at my house, this process takes less than half amount of time and involves no more than a single outfit change. We usually don’t establish any plans until moments before we call an Uber.

Actually leaving the house

Gab and her friends then to decide to walk across the street to my house, where they continue to pregame for the evening.

It should be noted that Gab and her friends are severely underdressed for the current weather, but she explains the method to the madness: “I don’t want to lose anything if we go out, so I’m only bringing what I need.”

Once they arrive at my house, the girls quickly congregate in one area of the common room and pull out their phones and begin furiously sending texts.

Meanwhile, my friends are arguing over who gets to partake in the next game of beer pong.

Gotta get that Instagram

Gab then calls for my attention and asks if we I can take a picture of her and one of her friends. Throughout my career at BC this is an important moment in the night. It marks the end of the getting ready process (there will henceforth be no more outfit changes, thankfully) and signals the beginning of the night.

After two hours of pregaming, it is finally time to move on to the next location, which in this case is Patron’s. The girls call an Uber for themselves and allow me to join them so I can gain a first-hand look as to what goes on inside the car on the way to the bar.

The Uber

Things quickly heat up when one girl begins to worry that her ID won’t work at the bar. You can’t exactly be like, “Yeah, your fake might get taken away.”

I’ve learned that girls are very much about the “leave no man behind” philosophy. They’re all in it together – total solidarity.

Fortunately, Gab and all her friends are successful getting into the bar, and the night continues on.

Boston College national-us