We asked juniors going abroad what they’ll miss the most about BC

It’s a bittersweet goodbye to Meatball Obsession, Rat Mac and Cheese, and Addie’s flatbreads

As we approach the end of the semester, the Fall study abroad students are beginning to travel home and are excited to return back to the Heights for the Spring semester.

On the other hand, the Spring study abroad students are beginning to wind down their final semester on campus as juniors and are already reminiscing about what they will miss the most about BC.

Obviously, the impending winter weather, TransLoc app, and finals week did not make the cut. These lucky students are planning on wearing bathing suits every day abroad, never attending class, and not having to wait for a crowded bus for an entire five months (lucky them).

Like any loyal Eagles student, we feel empty without our BC essentials: football tailgates, Meatball Obsession, Hillside baja chicken sandwiches, Chocolate Bar coffee, and Ana from Eagles.

It’s a sad time for Spring study abroad students, as they are starting to realize they have to go a whole semester without taking a Gassongram or standing in line at MA’s on a Friday night.

The Tab interviewed a handful of students who are getting ready to leave the BC nest to see what they will miss the most while they are away.

It’s clearly an emotional time for those leaving behind Ana from Eagles.

Colleen Hyland, History, going to Amsterdam

“Wandering around the Mods at 3am.”

Fouad Boutros, Communications and Caroline Ebben, History, both going to Florence

Fouad: “Ana from Eagles, she’s a gem.”

Caroline: “Living in a house off-campus with all of my best friends.”

Casey McLaughlin, International Law, going to Buenos Aires

“I physically cannot go seven months without Rat Mac & Cheese, oh and um the people I love.”

Olivia Torchio, Applied Psychology & Human Development (Madrid)

Molly Twomey, Political Science & Communication (London)

Katherine McNally, Communication & English (Dublin)

Katelyn O’Brien, Elementary Education & Applied Psych (Galway, Ireland)

Olivia: “Social hour in Club O’Neill.”

Molly: “Blasting J.Biebs in my house.”

Katherine: “White mochas from the Chocolate Bar.”

Katelyn: “The Campus School.”

Rachel Serko, Communication (Prague) and Alexa Liccardi, Communication (Florence)

Alexa: “Definitely my friends and having eight roommates.”

Rachel: “I’m gonna miss being with everybody all the time and being able to see my friends whenever I want.”

Conor Thompson, History, going to Venice

“Late night Gasson snap stories.”

Brett Dodenhoff, Economics and Communication, going to Shanghai

“Hello… Shovelhead! I’m sad I’m missing our Spring show, but jazzed I’ll be here for this weekend’s show. You should stop by actually it’s on Saturday in Fulton 511. It’ll be a good time.”

Forrest Christensen, Finance and Marketing, going to Parma, Italy

“Intramural football (shoutout to my teams State & Victoria’s Secret).”

Boston College