Eagles’ John Johnson has been soaring since freshman year

He received his first collegiate interception against the eagles win over Northern Illinois in September

Before our Eagles soar to Louisville to play the Cardinals this weekend, the Tab sat down with another Eagle – junior safety John Johnson.

The Communication major, originally from Maryland, has seen action on the field since freshman year. John then went to make his first collegiate start sophomore year.

In a candid interview, John discusses his favorite college football moment, Coach Addazio and which game he is the most excited for.

What are your thoughts on how you think the season is going so far?

I think it is going well. I wish we won last week but we are just going to see what we can approve on.

What is your biggest goal for the rest of the season? 

Just to help my team in anyway I can and win as many games as possible.

What kind of adjustments have you guys made to help prepare yourself for the next game? 

We have just been working on finishing and attacking our work. Whatever we didn’t execute the game before is what we hone in on to get better.

Which game are you excited for the most?

I’m the most excited for Syracuse- it’s the last game of the season which is good timing. It’s a brewing rivalry now so it will definitely be interesting.

How does it feel to be a starter? 

I think it’s a big responsibility just leading the way for the younger guys on the team, setting a good example and playing as hard as I can.

Justin Simmons, Kamrin Moore, John Johnson, Steven Daniels, Isaac Yiadom representing the Eagles, giving a tribute to Frank Powers for his legacy and being the ‘Father of BC Basketball’

What has been your favorite moment of your college career so far? 

Probably my first career start against NC State. It was definitely a memorable and exciting game for me.

Describe Coach Addazio in one word.

Relentless.

White backpack or Black Backpack? 

Black backpack. The white one gets dirty too fast.

Boston College