BC students ‘pumped’ Christmas lights are no longer a ‘fire hazard’

Although now, the guy who sees BC’s electric bill might be crying

We asked students how excited they are to now be allowed to hang up Christmas lights in dorms.

It’s the most wonderful time of the year.

The leaves are changing color and falling, midterms are in full swing, Halloween is on its way, and Christmas lights are no longer contraband.

This big news came into effect yesterday on October 15th like it does every year, as it is stated in the Boston College Fire Safety policies that string lights are allowed from here on out as room décor until the end of the semester.

We decided to talk to students to get a taste of their excitement and other thoughts regarding their new allowance to have lights up. Here’s what they had to say:

Ian Wyllie, Sophomore, Roncalli, Econ

“The fact that on October 15th they no longer become a fire hazard… I’m just really excited that we no longer have a fire hazard on the wall and that we can legally hang them up with pride.”

Cassy Seavy and Jillian Zavistaski, Freshmen, Kostka

“I didn’t know we couldn’t have them up until now.”

“I’m pumped!”

Soojin Park, Freshman, Medeiros, Sociology Major

“I mean I think it’s weird how BC limits the days that we’re allowed to have lights up, but it increases the anticipation. I’m really excited. I have a bunch of Christmas lights I’m going to be putting up. I’ve even been playing Christmas music lately.”

Kathryn Lieder, Mattie Mouton-Johnston and Keeva Farrelly

“Lights are just so cozy, they set they mood.”

“We had Christmas lights up before but unfortunately we had to take them down during inspection, so now we’re happy we can have them up and not worry.”

John Hogan, Sophomore, Roncalli, English Major

“Well, we’ve had our lights up for about a month now anyways. We’re just relieved we don’t have to worry about room checks anymore.”

Katie Jacobs, Sophomore, Vanderslice, Biology Major

“Oh our lights make our room. Without them our room is nothing.”

Sherri Chang, Sophomore, 66

“I’m excited that we don’t have to worry about them getting taken.”

Chandler Scoco, Sophomore, 90, Finance

“I love Christmas lights because they make the room more homey and decorative.”

Alexa Alotta, Sophomore, Walsh, Bio

“So relieved lights are allowed because I’m afraid of the dark.”

Boston College