Get into the spirit: An ASU student’s guide to Halloween in Downtown Phoenix

Tired of the same old halloween frat parties??

ASU’s Downtown Phoenix Campus is spooky enough year round, hosting dead bodies in ASU’s cadaver labs and sitting across the street from the haunted Westward Ho, but during October, the entire city hosts events perfect for students looking to get into the Halloween spirit.

Channel your inner zombie

Img. from Zombie Walk Phoenix Facebook

Img. from Zombie Walk Phoenix Facebook

On Oct. 28, Downtown Phoenix’s Warehouse District (4th Street and Jackson Street) will come alive with the undead, as the Arizona Hemophilia Association hosts the 9th annual Zombie Walk.

The Zombie Walk requires a $10 entrance fee, but all proceeds go back to the Arizona Hemophilia Association. With live bands and DJs, a costume contest, food trucks, and even a “zombification” station, the Zombie Walk will be one of the largest outdoor Halloween parties in Arizona.

Hang with some ghost– they're lonely

Just 15 minutes from ASU’s Downtown Phoenix campus sits the Orpheum Theater, known for being not only historic, but haunted.

In a special Halloween event, the Orpheum Theater will provide hour long tours on the evenings of Oct. 20, 21, 29, and 31. The tour is $25, and consists of four different stops in the theater as tour guides share stories of the ghosts that haunt the theater.

Get cultured and hit the runway

Img. from Luna Culture Lab Facebook

Img. from Luna Culture Lab Facebook

Luna Culture lab, a multicultural gallery and event space in Downtown Phoenix, is hosting an art, music, and hair runway show called Vida y Muerte. The event takes place on Oct. 27, from 6-10 p.m.

Hop on the light-rail for a science fiction movie night!

On ASU’s Tempe campus, students can attend a special Halloween edition Science Fiction TV Dinner Series. Free dinner for the first 150 guests, and a screening of a Buffy the Vampire Slayer Halloween special will take place on Oct. 24, from 6:30-8:30 p.m., in the Tempe Campus’s Interdisciplinary Science & Technology Building IV.

Arizona State University