ASU students share the best places to nap on campus

Surprisingly, one answer overwhelms the others

Most college students are sleep deprived. Naps are almost essential to having a successful college career. In fact, a 40 minute nap can increase your performance up to 34% and can improve your alertness up to 100%.

Of course, it is important to plan your naps wisely; skipping class to take one isn't usually the best choice. If you have a break between classes, you might not always have time to get back home to get some shut-eye, so we asked ASU students to share their favorite napping spots on Tempe campus.

If you're looking for a quieter place to sleep, ASU freshman, Imani Lee, suggests that dorm buildings are actually the way to go. "I would probably nap in Hassy, I just like their lounges a lot, or PV West lounges," she said.

Imani Lee, 18, Political Science Major

Imani Lee, 18, Political Science Major

A napping solution for those who don't mind the shuffling and chatter of students comes from a Communications major who loves comfy couches. "The best place to take a nap is probably the bottom of the MU," Tim Byrd, 21, told The Tab. 

Though Tempe's ASU campus is pretty large, one answer seems to overwhelm the others.

Jessica Wood, an ASU freshman, has figured out that the library is the best place for her to nap. "I always go to the library because it's quiet there,” she said, “I go to both Hayden and Noble. Noble is smaller and has comfy chairs."

Jessica Wood, 18, Secondary Education Mathematics Major

Libraries are quiet and a great place to work. If you want to take a nap but need to keep working when you're finished, libraries are the way to go. Sophia Bomacorda, 20, also believes that Hayden is one of the best libraries to sleep at, saying “Hayden library has comfy chairs so that’s probably where I would take a nap.”

Sophia Bomacorda, 20, Creative Writing Major

Kaitlyn Syms, 19, agreed with both Bomacorda and Wood, saying that Hayden library is where she’d nap.

Kaitlyn Syms, 19, Global Studies Major

Kaitlyn Syms, 19, Global Studies Major

Libraries provide a fairly quiet environment, but there will still be sounds such as pages turning, inevitable patron coughing, photocopiers, printers, and conversation snippets. If you can handle that, then the library is probably the best place for a nap. Just try not to sleep there all night.

ASU has more than a few nap time options so when you need a break, pick a spot and get a nap in.

Arizona State University