All the emails you probably delete from your App State inbox

Deleting the one about a ‘kale tasting’ in Trivette

As a busy college student, you probably receive a ton of emails each day. When you decided that App State was the place for you, you got your very own @appstate.edu email address, which means your inbox is now filled with emails about advising, orientation, leadership forums, club meetings, move-in days, coffee with cops, free concerts, club expos and more.

The emails don’t stop after freshman year either. They continue until you graduate. And then continue even after that. Of course, some are pretty important, but for the most part, your inbox probably looks like a colorful junk drawer.

These are all the emails you get and automatically delete from App State.

The Come Back Shack Fundraiser

Unless you or someone you know is throwing the fundraiser at Come Back Shack, you delete the email right away. You already spend too much money there on their Nutella milkshakes, so you can’t afford to go every two days to support every club and sorority that ever existed.

The Honors Club invitations for your major

Every few weeks, you get the email notifying you that because of your “Stellar Academic Achievement,” you have been nominated for some sort of society and for a low price of $100 or so dollars a year, you can put on your resume that you were in the App State chapter of whatever honors society is hot that week. After you sign up for the first few, to the trash folder they go. We’re in college and we’re not made of money.

The Honors Club invitations for your minor

Just like the club invitations for your major, there’s only so much money rolling in from that 20-hours-a-week barista job. You need to save for your future.

Responses to ASUlearn forum posts

Anyone who has ever taken a class at App has at one point had to reply to a forum post on Asulearn. And on that forum, you’ve probably forgotten to hit the “unsubscribe” button. Then your inbox is flooded with anywhere from 20 to 200 responses from everyone who is scrambling last minute to reply to the forum and get that online A.

Parking restrictions for football games

Sure, you read the email the first time you got it as a freshman, but now you know they tow on football game days and you know where not to park. You don’t need to read it every week.

‘Special’ food of some sort being served in Trivette

Trivette has a reputation for not having the best food on a day to day basis, so when they send emails about serving “authentic Indian curry” or “Oktoberfest fare,” it can be a little daunting.

Actually, just all the emails from Food Services

OK, I admit that sometimes I will read them – especially the one about Kale tasting – but just for laughs. No one really reads these emails unless they need to know if the pumpkin spice cookies and banana bread are back. Or to see what deals the pizza place is running that week. Otherwise, it goes in the bin.

Appalachian State University