If SEC schools were characters from The Office

Everyone to the conference room, please

We all know the SEC is the best conference in the nation, NAY, the world. We know that, like Dunder Mifflin, we are all just one big, happy, dysfunctional family. And as this family, we’re going to act as if I haven’t watched this show seven times through its entirety.

Here are the beloved teams of the SEC as the even more beloved characters from The Office.

Alabama: Michael Scott

They are the “World’s Best Boss” of the SEC. Alabama might as well start their own paper company/conference, because they sure seem to be carrying the team. Of course, everyone has some anger towards Michael, but that makes him all the more lovable. Holly Flax’s departure was just like Auburn’s one second win in 2014 – heartbreaking.

Arkansas: Nellie Bertram

They are there and they are staying, unfortunately. They are both a force to be reckoned with because they continually make a name for themselves (in Nellie’s case, she literally creates her job title). They’re forever trying to prove themselves, and we’re all forever hopeful they will.

Auburn: Jan Levinson

Everyone loves to hate on Auburn *ahem* I mean Jan. They are always trying to look good and somehow always seem to be the fire – for this purpose, candle – under Michael, Bama and UGA’s wings. I for one believe Jan’s candles could easily be the cause in the burning of Toomer’s Corner. Too soon?

Florida: Phyllis Vance of Vance Refrigeration

You know that person who has always been there, but people sort of take for granted? Yeah, that’s Phyllis and Florida. The unsung heroes of the crowd. The ones that will always be there for you when you need it, but also the ones that are ready to get down and dirty when the time is right. You go Phyllis/Gators! You go!

Georgia: Kevin Malone

Like Kevin, UGA is the team that everyone feels bad for. They just can’t seem to find their footing, but we all believe in them just like Holly Flax did when she thought Kevin was mentally disabled. With Kirby at the helm, we’re all waiting patiently for the moment when they rise. Always rooting for you Kevin/UGA.

Kentucky: Andy Bernard

Andy is just trying to stay relevant. Sure, he tries a little too hard, but you know what? We lowkey love him. Kentucky has been a part of the company for a while, but it seems as if after the merger with A&M and Mizzou, they just can’t find their footing. But hey, they still have the best damn basketball program in the nation. FU Duke. FU ACC. Kentucky is no Cornell, sure. Or is it Cornell is no Kentucky? You decide.

LSU: Jim Halpert

You can’t really hate Jim or LSU. They are both so lovable and huggable. Like Jim, LSU plays a little prank/pulls a little win now and then to let everyone know they’re still here. THE main character in the SEC-saga? Debatable. But a character that no one could live without? Absolutely.

Ole Miss: Kelly Kapoor

The crazy and fun character that just wants everyone to love them? Yep, that’s Ole Miss. The one that is a little ditzy, but still absolutely adorable? Yep, that’s also Ole Miss. But you are always rooting for Kelly when effing Ryan effs her over, just like you’re always rooting for Ole Miss to have that season like the ones they had a few years ago.

Mississipi State: Pam Beesley

She is sweet, innocent, little naïve Pam. Just like Pam, Miss St. always seems to have their shit together, but then something happens and they mess it up. They can’t finish art school, or they timed their love for Jim all too wrong. However, like Georgia, we’re all waiting on Miss St. to have the happily ever after Pam did.

Mizzou: Angela Martin

Angela tends to slide under the radar. Not super talked about, but also not completely ignored. She’s just kind of there. Like Mizzou, Angela just can’t seem to win. She tries her hardest, but it’s obvious that Dwight/offense is her weakness. I think we all feel for Angela/Mizzou and we just want all of them and their cats/tigers to prevail in the end.

USC: Darryl Philbin

You know Darryl. The guy always looking out for his crew. The guy that wants to make sure he is doing all that he can and somehow finds his way to the great office upstairs. They are the loyal contenders who will not give up no matter the price. They’ll buy that unicorn Barbie that Dwight hoarded just to show their continued greatness.

Tennessee: Meredith Palmer

I mean other than the obvious common color the two share, Meredith Palmer and Tennessee are the twins of the group. Remember that whole butt-chugging thing? Yeah, Meredith would totally do that. Also, they are both tough as nails and withstand some pretty tough times. Meredith got hit by a car for pete’s sake and Tennessee has pulled some pretty tough wins this season.

Texas A&M: Stanley Hudson (post heart attack)

Often times, Texas A&M’s right to be in the SEC is questioned. But after this season, they have proven themselves worthy. I’m imagining their fans screaming, “Did I stutter?” when someone questions their worthiness and then giving the good ol’ Stanley laugh we all have come to love.

Vandy: Creed Bratton

Like the mischievous Creed, Vandy is often the forgotten team of the SEC. No one really acknowledges either Creed or Vandy, but the show could not go on without them. Remember that time Creed came in to the office wearing a blood stained shirt coincidentally on Halloween? Yeah, that’s how I imagine Vandy fans walked into work after defeating UGA the other weekend.

All photos copyright of NBC’s The Office.

University of Alabama