Of course someone is selling ‘Harambe loves The Tide’ buttons

Apparently they’re already sold out

May 28, 2016. A day marked in the books as one of the saddest days in American history – the day Harambe the gorilla was taken from this Earth.

We all know that if Harambe was still alive today, he would definitely be rooting for The Tide in the upcoming season. One innovative Alabama student, Hannah Sonstegard, has created buttons to prove it.

In a post that now has over 500 likes and 200 comments on the Alabama Student Ticket Exchange Facebook group, Hannah announced she’s selling “Harambe loves The Tide” buttons ahead of the first football game. And people are going wild.

The buttons are so popular that in just a few hours, they’re already sold out. Hannah said in an update: “Unless I replied to your message, you will have to wait until the next shipment comes in next week!! Also, pls pls pls do not venmo me unless I have directly messaged you, I literally have people paying me and I don’t know who they are.”

One avid Harambe supporter, William Boyd, commented: “Yes plz I’m tryna wear it to the bars this weekend.”

It’s potentially overkill, but I like Trey Wintzinger’s commitment to Harambe when he said: “I’ll take 300.”

One truly devastated fan, Madison Karnes, brought up a heartbreaking fact that made every Harambe lover around the world shed a tear: “Feeling bad Harambe won’t be alive for our first game of the season…truly heartbreaking.”

Of course, there were the haters. “It’s against the spirit of Harambe that his image be used for profit, shame on you, heretic.”

Kristine Barclay asked: “Are you raising money for WWF or are you profiting off of his death?”

In fact, Hannah is a member of Kappa Alpha Theta sorority and planning to donate some of the profits to their philanthropy. So there you have it, folks. What do we do in Tuscaloosa when we want to honor a fallen Tide fan? We make buttons, obviously.

University of Alabama