Image may contain: Brick, Water Tower, Lighthouse, Beacon, Villa, Housing, Building, Constriction Crane

What to do if you’re staying on campus over Thanksgiving break because you can’t watch Netflix the whole time

Unless that’s your goal

college student guide how to

Everyone is pumped to head home for Thanksgiving, but you're staying on campus for break. It's going to be weirdly quiet and you're going to have a shit ton of time on your hands. You'll have to get pretty creative and find some stuff to keep yourself semi-occupied. Here's a few ideas we had on what to do if you're staying on campus over the holiday.

Host a parade viewing party

Thanksgiving day could get lonely so why not throw a little get-together with anyone you know who's stuck on campus too. Kick off the day right and watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. You could make it an event and takeover one of the dorm lounges with a nice TV. Hang out all morning in your pajamas and watch some enormous balloons and bad lip-syncing.

Catch up sessions

This is your golden oppurtunity to binge that show you've been meaning to. (Did you miss Stranger Things Season 2 or have been dying to give Mindhunter a try?)

Why not take a trip down to the local bookstore off campus and pick up something you can inhale in a few days. Find a podcast to get into and just listen all break long. It's a great thing to have when you're spending a lot of time alone. Once you get to know the show's hosts, it'll feel like you've got some friends to hang with.

Want to get fancy? Check out the AFI's 100 Years…100 Movies list and start working your way through it. You can even check off the film after you watch, which is so satisfying.

Take over the kitchen

If you're the cooking type, take advantage of the empty kitchen and cook yourself a feast. Invite those buddies back from the parade party and throw yourselves a Friendsgiving. Ask everyone to bring something; be it a traditional Thanksgiving dish or just something really delicious from the store.

Get off campus

Explore an area of the city or town where your school is. Find a spot that you've been meaning to check out and just walk around. Don't give yourself a set plan. Go where the day takes you.

Check out a show

Is there anything going on nearby that might be fun to check out? Give the movie theater schedule a look. Seeing movie alone is surprisingly fun and relaxing.

Is there a touring show from Broadway touring through your area? Christmas is right around the corner so you might be able to get a good deal on tickets to The Nutcracker.

Try out the gym

Thanksgiving is for pigging out no matter where you are so while you've got extra time to kill, see if you can work off some of that food. The campus gym will probably be close to empty so you won't have to worry about messing up or taking too long on a machine.

Prep for finals

We hate to say it, but finals will be fast approaching once the break is over. Get a head start on those enormous final assignments or get an outline going for that one class with the final you're just DREADING.

Shopping, anyone?

Black Friday kicks off a weekend full of crazy deals and sales all in the name of holdiay shopping. Get a head start on your present buying or just snag a few treats for yourself. Why not go out on "Small Business Saturday" and go for a walk through the city or town near your uni.

Clean your room

Is your roommate away? Take this precious opportunity to give your place a solid scrub down. We're talking vacuuming, Swiffer-ing, and Windex-ing the shit out it. You might also do a little rearranging. Don't go crazy because that'll probably piss your roomie off, but a little organization in the bathroom would probably feel (and look) amazing.