Brianna Bochu, a freshman at UHartford, has been arrested for attempting to poison her roommate and rubbing used tampons on her belongings

White freshman who rubbed used tampons on her black roommate’s bag gets arrested

She boasted about poisoning her ‘Jamaican Barbie’

Brianna Brochu, a white student who bragged about poisoning her roommate by rubbing used tampons on her bag, pouring moldy clam dip in her lotion and putting her toothbrush inside her rectum, has been arrested and expelled.

Brochu, a freshman at the University of Hartford, posted on Instagram about how she “finally got rid of her roommate,” who she referred to as “Jamaican Barbie.”

Local police confirmed to The Tab last night that they arrested Brochu and charged her with criminal mischief, breach of peace and intimidation based on bigotry. She is currently out on bail.

Chennel “Jazzy” Rowe, the freshman roommate of Brochu, revealed the shocking allegations in a Facebook video.

White freshman who rubbed used tampons on her black roommate’s…

A white freshman has been expelled and arrested for poisoning her black roommate by rubbing used tampons on her stuff, spitting in her coconut oil and putting moldy clam dip in her lotion

Posted by The Tab US on Thursday, November 2, 2017

In it, she describes “getting sick” while being given the cold shoulder by the roommate.

“It started with throat pain,” she explained. “I thought maybe because it’s colder up here, I’m just catching a cold. After a month it got to the point where I had extreme throat pain that I couldn’t sleep, to the point where I couldn’t speak.”

“I’m spending my own money that my parents give me for food and groceries, the health centre on campus is not free – in fact they’re expensive.” In the post, Jazzy explained that her tests would come back negative. She was prescribed antibiotics by the campus doctor for the bacteria in her throat.

Brianna Brochu

Then, after a rocky relationship between the two persisted (Rowe says in her video how Brochu would come into their room and turn off the lights if Rowe was working there), she decided to move out.

As she was leaving, Rowe discovered Instagram posts by her roommate, who boasted about poisoning her.

Brochu posted:

“Finally did it yo girl got rid of her roommate!! After 1 1/2 month of spitting in her coconut oil, putting moldy clam dip in her lotions, rubbing used tampons on her backpack, putting her toothbrush places where the sun doesn’t shine and so much more I can finally say goodbye Jamaican Barbie.”

Brianna Brochu’s post on Instagram, which is now marked private

Snapchat photos then emerged of Brochu tampering with her personal belongings to make her sick.

One showed a bloodstain from Brochu’s used tampon on Rowe’s bag.

And another showed a Tupperware box of old clam dip with the caption: “Like this is moldy clam dip and I’ve been mixing it with her face lotion.”

A Snapchat video obtained by a local Fox News channel also showed her opening up Rowe’s jar of coconut oil with the intention of spitting in it.

Rowe explained she intended to press charges, but “nothing can be done by anybody until the school’s public safety finishes the investigation.” It has now been passed to the West Hartford Police Department.

She also spoke out against the university for apparently handling the case too slowly.

“[Brochu] was arrested two days ago,” she said, “Without anyone knowing and was about to go to court tomorrow without me knowing. It’s as if they are speeding up her process and trying to get rid of the issue quickly and in secret.”

We have contacted Rowe for comment. Her boyfriend Brad Forsyth thanked The Tab for our coverage of her case, and added: “It’s out there right now, I’ll just leave it up to hands of the law to get some justice for my girlfriend.”

Rowe’s video in full:

So this is what happened….

Posted by Jazzy Rowe on Monday, October 30, 2017

In a statement sent to The Tab last night, Hartford confirmed Brochu had been arrested in relation to this incident, adding they will “strictly follow our disciplinary process.”

“We are currently in communication with the student and her family,” they added.

Hartford Police Department confirmed to us that they have arrested Brianna Brochu. She is currently out on bail for $1,000.

Cops also passed The Tab a report from the incident, which read:

“A WHPD officer was dispatched to University of Hartford Public Safety to investigate a report of a vandalism/harassment issue between two roommates. UHA Public Safety’s investigation revealed the suspect in this case, Brianna Brochu, posted statements to Instagram saying she had tampered with her roommate’s property and deposited bodily fluids on other property. Brochu also posted photos of some of the tampered property as well.”

In another statement sent to The Tab, University of Hartford President Greg Woodward condemned what he called a “deeply upsetting” incident of bullying.

“Let me be clear: the accused student’s behavior was reprehensible and does not reflect the values of our institution,” he said. “Let me also be clear that I am confident the University has taken all steps to pursue this matter seriously, and will continue to do so.”

Woodward added that upon learning of the incident, the university transferred Rowe to a safe location and alerted cops.

“The accused student was subsequently arrested by the West Hartford Police Department and her case will proceed through the legal process,” he explained.

We have contacted Howe for comment, and will update when we hear back.

UPDATE

*****

Brianna Brochu’s mugshot has been released by West Hartford Police:

Brianna Brochu

Cops say she has confessed after being charged with third-degree criminal mischief and second-degree breach of peace. Each charge carries a maximum sentence of six months in prison and a potential fine.

According to Lieutenant Michael D. Perruccio, the West Hartford Police Department will be requesting the court add the charge of 53a-181k, intimidation based on bigotry or bias to Ms. Broch’s case.

UPDATE

College admins have informed The Tab that Brianna Brochu has been expelled from the University of Hartford.

“She will not be returning to the institution,” said President Greg Woodward.

We will update this story as more information becomes available.

More like this: Exclusive leaked audio of white sorority girl telling how she slapped a pledge for kissing a black guy in hazing ritual

Like The Tab US on Facebook here and follow us on Twitter here.