Image may contain: Human, Person, People

How to make eggs because you’re sick of eating cereal for breakfast

Let’s get cracking

college student

Eggs feel like one of those foods that seem super easy to make until you've got a carton in front of you. There's almost too many ways to make them. If you're absolutely over eating granola bars for breakfast, here's how to make eggs that are pretty simple. For most of these recipes, you'll just need some butter or olive oil, milk, a bowl, a skillet or pot, spatula and of course, eggs.

How to scramble eggs

What you'll need: eggs, milk, butter or olive oil, a bowl, fork or whisk, spatula and a skillet

How to cook: Crack the eggs into the bowl and throw out the shells. Pour in some milk and whisk the eggs so that the milk is mixed in with the eggs. Feel free to add in as much salt and pepper as you like. Put some olive oil or butter on the skillet on medium heat and get rid of any excess. You want a thin layer on the bottom to cook the eggs on.

Once the pan is properly heated, pour the egg mixture on. Keep pushing the eggs towards the center with the spatula. As the eggs cook, they should start to come together in one mass and look like scrambled eggs. Move the eggs onto a plate when they've reached a solid consistency.

How to make eggs sunny side up

What you'll need: eggs, butter or olive oil, spatula, and skillet

How to cook: Put some butter and olive oil in the skillet on medium heat. You want the pan to be covered, but not drenched. Crack the eggs over the pan. You want the yokes to still be in tact when they hit the skillet. The area around the yoke should turn white as they cook. If there's an oil layer outside the white, the skillet is too hot so we'd turn down the heat. It should only take two to three minutes for your egg to cook. Move the egg from the pan with a spatular and onto your plate. Viola, you done!

How to make eggs over easy

How to cook: You're basically going to follow the same steps as the sunny side up egg. Once the egg is cooked, you're going to use the spatula to turn the egg onto its other side to cook. We wouldn't recommed getting fancy with the flip. Just get the yoke side onto the pan without breaking it. Cook until the ends reach a light golden-brown color and then move to the plate.

How to make hard-boiled eggs

What you'll need: eggs, salt, pot of water

How to cook: Put the pot of water on high heat until it boils and then turn it down to a low burn. Place the eggs in the water, add a pinch of salt and cook for eight to 10 minutes. You're then going to drain the pot and put the eggs in ice water before peeling them. If you want your eggs soft or medium boiled, then only leave the eggs in the water for four to five or seven to eight minutes.