I thought I was finally starting to understand fashion, until I found out Urban is selling neck braces

tips

looks  • 

Where did I go wrong?

I think of myself as a trendy girl.

Not to make a massive deal out of it or anything, but I own shoes for almost every occasion, have at least two-and-a-half dresses from Madewell, and never — under any circumstances — wear leggings out of the house. Plus I usually match my socks, unless I’m wearing shoes where they won’t show, and I often spruce-up flowy outfits by “belting” them.

So that’s why you’ll know I’m not joking when I say I was literally shook to the core when I logged onto the Urban Outfitters website to do some early summer shopping, and found this monstrosity smack-dab at the center of the page:

What is this? I literally do not understand. This is $30.00!

Of course I immediately took a screenshot, called a conference in the group chat, and sent this picture down it with a trigger warning, but another, slightly less fashionable friend, tried to defend it by explaining to me it’s part of some Fenty/Puma colab designed by Rihanna.

I don’t care if it was handcrafted by Obama himself, this “choker” never should have seen the light of day, much less the front page of the Urban Outfitters online catalog — this isn’t Forever 21.

I know Regina George had a hand in normalizing it and whatnot, but all I ask is that we keep necklaces and post-surgery swag on different pages.

@carolinephinney