Forbes reimagined male billionaires as women, and it’s the best they’ve ever looked tbh

tips

babe  • 

No, I’ve never heard of ‘Marcia Zuckerberg’

Quick thought: Instead of reimagining Forbes‘ infamous list of billionaires as women, why don’t we invest our energy in taking legitimate steps to change that list?

I know it sounds like a lot of work, but I actually shudder when I think about the amount of time someone spent photoshopping these hellscapes of artistic intent.

Look me in the eyes and tell me THIS is okay.

In another unsuccessful attempt at progressivism, Forbes‘ latest work, “Equal Pay Billionaires,” aside from being wildly disturbing — I’m actually never going to sleep again — is extremely offensive to women everywhere.

Women (white women) are making 80 cents on the dollar and this is what we’re doing to bring public attention to that? Never mind women of color for whom the pay gap remains cavernous to an extent that can’t be reduced to, or softened by, some “lighthearted” reimagining like this one.

The point of the campaign was to shows how far these men would fall in the list if they were women instead, which really just feels like kicking a dog when it’s down.

We know how far we’d fall, because you have to scroll through actual droves of men to find a single one of us on the list to begin with — and when you do, our bios begin with “heiress” or “widow”.

Besides, if anyone should be widowed, it’s Billie Gates over here — jeez, these are just horrifying.

@carolinephinney