Vogue’s referring to bras as ‘bra tops’ but I don’t even care because it means I can wear them in public now

Absolute genius

It’s time for us to talk about bras. I mean “bra tops,” I guess….

Yesterday, Vogue tweeted an article about people wearing bras with the caption: “On the runway at Coachella, the bra top is having a moment. Here’s how to wear it.”

I’m slightly confused (and could definitely just be missing something), but I’m mostly excited. I think what’s happening here is we’ve given bras a new name and now we are allowed to wear them in public.

The article seems to be just a collection of women with bras on display, who are otherwise fully dressed. And if we’re allowed to call that a ‘bra top’ and get away with it, and then I only have one question left: Why didn’t we do this sooner?

You all could market bras as ‘human-harnesses’, as long as we’re allowed to finally stop feeling bad about them.

It’s kind of like bathing suits and bras — for some reason one is socially acceptable and one is not, but we all assign to it. All we have to do now is get everyone else to assign to this new ‘top’ thing, and we’re golden.

“This year we found a surprising correlation between what was shown on the Spring 2017 runways and what showed up at the festival in Indio,” Vogue writes, and we’re really excited about it, because if Vogue says it, it seems more legitimate.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSkVb3yhzUu/?taken-by=coachella.style&hl=en

I’m thinking we start calling panties, panty-bottoms or something — the possibilities are endless: bralette shirts, thong pants (although apparently those already exists), tight-leggings.

All I’m saying is we should try and roll with this for as long as possible. The future is here, the future is now, and it’s called bra tops.