‘Breezing’ is the new playing hard to get, and here’s why it’s absolutely bulletproof

tips

babe  • 

When they evolve, we evolve

I’ve long been an advocate for playing hard to get. When things aren’t going my way in a relationship, or when a guy just doesn’t seem that into me (dunno why), I know I can turn it all around with a quick dismiss and cold-shoulder.

I’m the master of waiting to reply, flirting with someone else in front of them, or posting catfish-selfies online, and then not liking their comment, but liking everyone else’s.

But as I should’ve expected, men have gotten slightly smarter, and playing hard to get has become synonymous with caring a lot. So we must evolve.

When we wait three hours to apply, they’ve begun waiting four. Guys want us to play hard to get at this point — It’s validation for them. Breezing on the other hand, is the ultimate easy-breezy~ I-care-so-little-I’m-going-to-text-back-right-now attitude we need in our lives.

Here’s how to do it:

Text back the minute they text you – I’m not kidding. Stop pretending to be busy or indifferent. Women are incredible at multitasking. Own this, and answer them immediately.

Agree with them when you think they’re trying to argue you on something – This doesn’t mean you have to actually agree with them, just stare at them with a blank expression, say sure, and go about your day. Arguing is emotional, and with emotions come feelings.

Like whatever they post on Instagram – When they post something, they know you’ve seen it. In not tossing them a like, you’ve taken a stance, and taking a stance means caring.

Don’t go out of your way to flirt with other people in front of them – Flirting with someone else in front of them is child’s-play. I promise, they know exactly what you’re doing. Act like you don’t mind they’re at the same bar as you, and ask them about their week.

Laugh at their shit jokes – Instead of acting like you’re above their childish ways, just laugh. Smile at them when you see them in person — be kind. They’ll be confused.

Don’t go out of your way to avoid them in person – The more you try and avoid someone, the more they know you care. You are inconveniencing yourself to spite(?) someone else. Do not alter your routine for them. If you have the same friends, don’t push yourself out. You’re not hurting them.

Have a legitimate excuse when you say you can’t hang – When you tell a guy you’re washing your cat, he knows you’re trying to be difficult. Tell him something came up, and apologize. You’ll never have to hang with him again, and he’ll be wondering how he let you slip away.

Not playing the game is the new playing the game. Good luck, and may the odds be ever in your favor.

@carolinephinney