Researchers have worked out which majors have the least free time

Hard work never stops

Education, Nursing and Architecture are among the busiest majors in America with the least spare time, according to new data.

The research ranks the majors who study and work outside of school the most. Physical Education, Media Studies and Econ are some of the majors who have the most spare time – they study and work the least.

For example, Architecture majors come close to the top because they study for over 22 hours a week, and work for 8.5 hours for a combined 30 hours.

These statistics come from The National Survey of Student Engagement at Indiana University, who polled thousands of students across the US, and passed their findings on to The Tab. They clarify "studying" as any time spent preparing for class – reading, writing and doing homework or lab work.

There appears to be a mixed result across STEM majors and humanities, presumably because those doing easier degrees might have more time to work outside of class.

See where your major ranks below – the figures reflect the combined total of hours spent studying for class and working outside of it.