emilia clarke naked

Emilia Clarke’s naked scenes are officially no big deal, and her new open letter proves it

‘Do I get treated equally at work? Not always’

At babe, we try to avoid overused buzzwords like 'empowering', 'yas', 'slay,' etc. but if there was ever a time to use them, it would be now.

In a seriously thoughtful essay delivered in the form of an open letter on The Huffington Post, everyone's favorite Game of Thrones star Emilia Clarke writes at length about how kindness is the new sexy.

"Having the confidence to look someone in the eye, and speak to them as an equal, regardless of their gender, race or sexuality — that is kind," she writes. "It is a small gesture towards showing that person that they are acknowledged. Imagine, just for a moment, that we all strive to be kinder to one another on a small, day by day, sincere level, wouldn’t that actually feel really incredible?"

Clarke doesn't just talk about being nice, though. She also takes the opportunity to discuss rampant gender inequality, and reveals that even she isn't always treated the same as male coworkers.

"Do I get treated equally at work? Not always. Does every woman? No, and the statistics back that up. Do I get asked questions at press junkets by men and women alike, specifically because they will get headline grabbing responses coming from a young woman? Yes."

The essay is long but thorough, laced with her own experiences and ending with a firm call-to-action for both men and women of the world.

"With my voice, I hope the feminist mind set my family instilled in me becomes the new normal, and boys and girls are raised to know they are equal."

Read Clarke's full essay here.