Milo Yiannopoulos’ fans are actually boycotting CPAC after he was disinvited from speaking

‘I will not be going and I will not be giving them the TV or online ratings’

Milo Yiannopoulos’ fans are boycotting CPAC after he was disinvited from speaking because footage resurfaced of him appearing to support pedophilia.

Supporters of Yiannopoulos are up in arms that his invitation to speak was rescinded, arguing that he was misinterpreted when he defended sexual relationships between “younger boys and older men.”

They are now refusing to go to CPAC this week, and are encouraging others to do the same.

Bobby Walker

Bobby Walker, Chairman of the Otsego County Young Republicans in Upstate NY, explains:

“I didn’t think about going to CPAC at all this year because there was really nothing that interested me. President Trump would be the only huge draw at this point. When I saw that they invited Milo, I looked into getting a ticket, and when I saw they had fantastic student pricing I was just about to reserve a hotel room and go.

“I’m glad I didn’t because I think it’s a huge mistake that they disinvited him based on tapes that have proven to have been doctored and that don’t provide the full picture as to what he was actually saying. The headline: Milo Yiannopoulos endorsed pedophilia, gets a lot of clicks and web traffic, but it’s simply the farthest thing from the truth in a media campaign that’s obviously meant to bring down a rising young Conservative icon. The establishment Republicans don’t realize what he’s doing to bring young people back into the GOP. If they had just looked into the situation further and done some real journalism, they would see for themselves what a hit job this whole story started as and then got worse and worse by the hour.

“So, in my boycott, I will not be going and I will not be giving them the TV or online ratings. The only thing I may watch after the event has ended is President Trump’s speech since my admiration and support for the President is strong.”

He’s not alone – there are many other Yiannopoulos fans who are pledging to boycott CPAC. Here’s what they’re saying: