Your childhood fashion icon Ms. Frizzle is coming to Netflix

Grab your pet lizard, put on your weirdest outfit and get after it

2017 is on fire so far: First there was the man choker (equality in asphyxiation!), and now beloved childhood cartoon The Magic School Bus is apparently getting the Netflix reboot treatment. As excited as we are about revisiting a world in which a psychedelic flying bus teaches young children about science while traversing space and time, the best part is the fact that we’ll be able to garner outfit inspo from Ms. Frizzle, patron saint of the more-is-more look.

Frizzle’s signature style relied on wildly printed dresses (you know, bugs, planets, graphic depictions of the human anatomy, the usual), kitschy mismatched earrings and sensible statement shoes. It was science teacher chic, if you will. And if you consider the dgaf attitude that’s been happening in much of the fashion world lately — namely at major houses like Gucci and Valentino, on blogs like Man Repeller and on sites like Modcloth and Nasty Gal — the timing of her return is pretty perfect.

Florence Welch in Gucci = Ms. Frizzle

Ms. Frizzle’s fashion sense taught us to not only embrace our quirks but to put them on full blast. It’s a good look to emulate because it’s fun, it makes getting dressed easy (since you no longer have to give a shit about matching) and it’s an instant confidence boost, because how can you not feel awesome when you’re basically dressed like a human picture book? Plus, it’s probably pretty easy to make new friends while fending off compliments on your astronaut-printed silk bodysuit or whatever.

Dressing like a slightly deranged elementary school teacher is also an expert way to appear smart and therefore kind of intimidating without being stuffy or having to wear scratchy, traditional smart-person fabrics like tweed. Because — as we know but occasionally have to remind others of — women can be smart and sexy and weird as fuck all at the same time. And how better to bang people over the heads with this fact than to reflect it in our outfits? Luckily, we have this animated fashion trailblazer to show us how its done.

Valentino does Ms. Frizzle, sans solar system headpiece

The Magic School Bus revival was originally announced in 2014 and planned for 2016, but apparently this is the year it will actually happen — and there will be several celebrity cameos to boot, including Dolly Parton, Eartha Kitt and Dan Marino. It’s unknown as of yet whether Lily Tomlin will reprise her role as the voice of Ms. Frizzle, but we’ll be keeping our fingers crossed that she does, because it’s hard to think of someone else as effortlessly cool and aspirational as her fictional counterpart.

It’s also unknown exactly when Netflix will grace us with the new episodes and what they’ll entail (like, are they actually for children or just really stoned/nostalgic adults?) but we’ll be readying our quirkiest outfits and possibly adopting a pet lizard in preparation.