What your New Year’s Eve outfit says about your personality

tips

babe  • 

Give me sequins or give me death

How you ring in the New Year (supposedly) says a lot about how the next year of your life will go down, so it’s only fitting to assume that what you’re wearing while the ball drops says a lot about who you are.

Sequin dress, dangly earrings, glittery eye makeup

Nouveau look de fête qui brille, brille , brille. Plus d'info et de photo sur le blog.ninaah.com

A post shared by Ninaah Bulles (@ninaahbulles) on Dec 21, 2016 at 3:05am PST

You’re the life of the party, and you probably planned the whole thing, too. You’re the glue that holds your friends together — the one sending the group email about which club you should all go to, reminding people to buy their tickets before prices go up, hosting the pregame and making sure your wasted friend Olivia doesn’t go wandering off into the night. But beneath that sparkly, highly organized facade of yours, you’re a tightly wound ball of stress that threatens to explode at any moment. Just try to keep it together for tonight, girl.

Slip dress, fur coat, fishnet tights

#model #modelofnewjersey #factoryshoot #NJMODEL #jerseygirl #fishnetsandfur #sexy . MUA/HMUA @glamourfashiondoll. Photo: Christian Rodriguez.

A post shared by petite model kayley janelle (@model_kayley_janelle) on Jul 30, 2014 at 11:36am PDT

While your sloppy friends are inside pounding tequila shots and getting chatted up by fuckboys you’d never dream of giving the time of day to, you’re outside sullenly smoking a cigarette, texting everyone in your phone in search of something better to do, because ‘the music at this place totally blows.’ Your style icons are Kate Moss and Courtney Love, you prefer whiskey to vodka and you’ve previously dated at least two guys in bands, at least one guy a decade older than you and probably three drug dealers. Everyone you know is intimidated by you, and that’s the way you like it.

Tiny dress, high heels, no tights

#littleblackdress#black #longlegs#legs#highheels#redheels#body#polishgirl #polishwomen#classy#instagood#mirrorpic#fit

A post shared by Magdalena Perez (@prezes_perez) on Dec 21, 2016 at 6:40am PST

You’re an overachiever who doesn’t fuck around. Everything you do in your life, you do to the fullest — whether it’s getting a summer internship (Conde Nast or Goldman Sachs, naturally) or finding a boyfriend (a blood sport, in your book). You get straight A’s, never leave the house without full makeup, work out every morning and still find time to volunteer at the local animal shelter. You’re fucking killing it, and no sub-zero temperatures are going to stop you from showing your shit off.

That, or you’re just too drunk to feel your feet and legs.

Jeans and a nice top

You’re the low-key one who everybody likes. You don’t get involved in drama, have tons of friends of both genders and somehow manage to pregame just as hard as everyone else without ever getting nearly as sloppy. Lots of guys are in love with you (which you’re oblivious to) and lots of other girls are super jealous of you (you’re also largely oblivious to this), but you’re so chill and nice, they can’t express it without looking like a psycho. This obviously infuriates them more.

Velvet dress, black tights, ankle booties

You’re the trendy one who helps everybody else pick out their outfits and do their makeup before a night out. You know all the latest celebrity gossip, Snapchat at least ten times a day and, if given the opportunity, would totally agree to star on your own reality show. You’ll be the one documenting the entire night, and you’ll totally send everyone the pics for approval tomorrow, but still just mostly post the ones where you look the best.

Leotard, skinny jeans, heels

This is about to happen… New shoes always make you happy… #valentino

A post shared by theyallhateus (@theyallhateus) on Oct 9, 2013 at 12:37am PDT

You’re fly and you know it. You have no trouble talking to new people (especially those of the attractive male variety) and when you’re out, you tend to wander away from the crew in search of your own adventures. Sometimes this means you end up partying with strangers in a limo, and sometimes it means you end up making out with your friend Amber’s geeky cousin in a disgusting bathroom stall. Either way, you have a good time (usually) and pride yourself on your independence.

Jeans, beanie, sneakers

https://www.instagram.com/p/kxd2XIGXML/?tagged=dimepiecebeanie

You’re pragmatic but you also like to have fun. You don’t give a fuck what anybody thinks about you, least of all guys (you probably already have a serious boyfriend, anyway). You don’t like drama, and you don’t hang out with people who bring it. You’re more likely to head to a concert or a dive bar than a club, and you’ll probably end up in the back alley smoking weed with the band at some point.

Pajamas, slippers, blanket

#girl#polishgirl#brunette#onesie#unicorn#etam#cute#lazy#day#pajamas#white#picoftheday#rare#vsco#cam

A post shared by Wiktoria Sara (@crvshxr) on Dec 21, 2016 at 8:01am PST

Okay, so you’re not big on going out at night or, you know, leaving the house when you don’t have to. But at this point in your life, you know what you enjoy and you’re not about to sacrifice that just to do what people expect of you. You’re a quiet rebel with excellent taste in both Netflix and takeout, and the way you see it, you’re usually having more fun than everybody else — they just may not know it yet.

@caitmunro