I called for rebellion outside Trump Tower tonight

‘Overall there was not enough energy and not enough organization for the protest to become physical’

Ashlynn Campbell, a 23-year-old Bushwick resident, took the subway to Manhattan tonight to protest with thousands of others outside Trump Tower.

Fully in support of a rebellion against a Trump-led government, here’s what she has to say.

Why were you protesting tonight?

Undeniable energy, anger and passion. The millennials are starting to awake from their apathy and are learning the footholds to taking back this country from white misogynist males. This is a revolution to change the way America has been operating for years.

In the next few days, I believe we will explore not only how we collectively allowed Trump to become president but also the years of apathy and denial we took apart of.

There is no excuse for what comes of the future because we all have power. United we stand to reform the ways of hatred. Obama, eight years ago, promised us change and it is our duty to persevere in that message. We must solidify the rights and continue the message of equality. Good orderly direction blessing.

What happened?

I showed up at the protest alone. The night before we went to the Hilton hotel to protest and it infuriated me that action was not taken immediately.

My hands are bruised. When I start to grow tired I remember that I have to keep going. My actions and my presence, even if singular, are crucial. We cannot stop fighting this evil because we are tired.

I believe that we must find a leader for our rebellion immediately or else or energy will feel superfluous. This is something that we have felt in the past. If there is any message to give is that we can never give up. Immorality and injustice are at our door right now.

Did the protest become physical at any point?

It did not. I attempted, but overall there was not enough energy and not enough organization for the protest to become physical.

Eggs were thrown and mainly there were loud, ongoing chants. “No justice, no peace, fuck racist police.”

How did you attempt to get physical?

I tried climbing the barricades but was pulled down. People are too young and disorganized to feel confident.

This is a revolution we have to be a part of collectively or else we can not overrun this distorted person.

My knuckles are bruised on both hands.

So you would be in favor of a full-scale rebellion at this point?

Yes I would be if it was organized and focused.

We need a goal. Like impeach Trump if that’s the goal let’s get there. Or like invade the White House.

‘End war, poverty and hate! socialistalternative.org’