Over 1000 students flocked to UW’s Red Square for an anti-Trump rally

It was powerful af

Over a thousand students gathered in the University of Washington’s Red Square last night in an anti-Trump protest.

We spoke to some of the students who were present.

Eunsoo Victoria Choi, a class of 2018 Health Informatics Major, told us: “My body, my choice. Their body, their choice” was a slogan we yelled a lot last night.

“It was definitely super energetic and seeing students rush out of their dorms to join fellow students on the street was an emotionally charging experience.”

Holly Crutchfield, a class of 2018 premed major said: “It was an extremely powerful movement bringing people together from a multitude of backgrounds.

“I think it was important last night, and going into the future to bring together diversity, unify, and stand in equality in this time of immense division.”

A crowd walked up to UW from Westlake and from UW a larger crowd gathered to march to the Space needle.

Here is the crowd outside of the Space needle last night.

These student protests are part of a larger movement of protests happening at universities across the country in the wake of the election results on Tuesday.

It’s been less than 48 hours and already there are signs of protest, riots and violence nation wide. There is even a petition with hundreds of thousands of signatures so far asking the Electoral College to change their votes on December 19th in favor of Hillary Clinton.

Only time will tell what impact this election will have nation wide, but as of now there has already been massive amounts of unrest and upset.

Whether it cools down by the end of this week or gets worse is something we’re all waiting to see.