As a gay man, I just don’t get Gays For Trump

We spoke to ‘the pimp master of #GaysForTrump’ and he made no sense

Donald Trump calls himself the most pro-gay Republican nominee ever.

As an openly gay man myself, it often confounds me to think there are Americans in the LGBT community who consider Trump as the best choice in the 2016 Presidential election.

Even with his almost daily spewings of Islamophobia, racism, and highlighted bigotry, some members of the LGBT community continue to praise him as the best choice for this November. Trump’s blatant ignorance and racism is far from promoting anything close to equality.

Recently, the hashtag #GaysForTrump has appeared throughout social media feeds. Twitter user GayRepublicSwag agreed to an interview with The Tab and enlightened this gay man to just how fabulous he thinks Trump really is.

If anything should be taken from this interview, it should be that @GayRepublicSwag asked us not to include his real name. “Having my name attached to politically charged material may prevent future employment,” he explained.

For someone so proud of their political standpoints, you would think they wouldn’t hide behind a Twitter handle.

What first drew you to Donald Trump?

I was first drawn to President Trump… I mean Mr. Trump by his immigration positions. He will build The Great Wall of Trump. Once we have border security that will stop or at least greatly reduce the flow of illegal immigrants into this country. Then we can deport the ones already here and our welfare system will be far less burdened, there will be tons of new jobs for Americans already living here legally and wages will begin to rise for other workers as well.

How much backlash have you received from the LGBTQ community surrounding your support of Donald Trump? 

Backlash from individuals is fairly minimal. I’ve found a lot of LGBT members actually love Trump. I mainly get harassed by “gay rights” pages which are pretty much propaganda arms of the Democratic Party here to manipulate our thoughts… and fail at it. We don’t want to be victims forever.

How much of the LGBTQ community follows you in your support of Donald Trump? 

LGBT support for The Donald is quite strong. Apparently, gay people don’t like supporting a candidate who wants to bring in millions of people here who actively or passively support the imprisonment of homosexuals. We like our freedoms and the more Muslims from the middle east we bring here. The less free we will become.

How do you think Donald Trump will support the LGBTQ community if he wins the election?

Trump won’t give us any special rights because he doesn’t think on terms of identity politics. To him, we are all Americans no matter skin color, gender, sexual identity we are all equal and worthy of respect.

After all the things Donald Trump has said about the LGBTQ community, do you think he will feed bigotry in America? 

Trump is the most pro-LGBT candidate the Republicans have ever put forward. Trump not only had an openly gay speaker at the Republican National Convention, that declared he was proud to be gay to an arena of cheering Republicans, but he then went on to thank the arena for being so supportive. He is very progressive on gay issues, despite the media narrative. He has voiced support for gay marriage as far back as 2000. Hillary didn’t support gay marriage until 2013 when it was electorally advantageous. Sure, Trump may have said some anti-gay stuff trying to win the Republican nomination but if you look at the rest of his life before that it paints a very different picture. Trump is on our side. I have seen first hand how he has made the Republican Party more accepting of gays. The Never Trump Republicans have most of the anti-gays. Which I think tells us a lot about both Trump and the Never Trump Republicans.”

Looking past the overwhelming arrogance and ignorance displayed throughout the interview with GayRepublicSwag, I cannot stress more to quit referring to yourself as “we”. You do not speak for me, and you definitely do not speak for the LGBT community.

Hillary Clinton may not be the knight in shining rainbow armor that the LGBT community has always dreamed of, but she is far better than the bigot alternative.

For anyone curious, reading his tweets is as bad as reading the comment section of any online news post.