Liberal bias runs rampant throughout Dogspotting

This is important

With nearly a quarter million members, the Dogspotting Facebook group receives dozens of submissions a day with photos of dogs from across the world.

I’m still a relatively new member, having only joined a few months ago, but peruse the posts daily. Until recently, I considered the Dogspotting page to be my favorite destination on the Internet.

But like all good things, politics has ruined it.

Last month, I posted an image of a dog I saw on the streets of Cleveland, just outside the Republican National Convention. I have no idea where the dog was from, who his owner was, or what they were doing in the city.

I simply posted the photo with the caption “Outside the RNC!”

When I woke up the next morning, one person reacted using the angry button, and an admin of the group had commented, “Reminder that dogs are pure love and have no political affiliation. Keep the politics to yourself, be excellent to each other, score the dog, and move on.”

Wait, what? How is saying “Outside the RNC” political? I was describing where I spotted the dog. And as a member of the media, my political affiliation has nothing to do with why I am in Cleveland this week.

Annoyed with the reaction to that photo, I was sure to leave out the RNC on my next post in Dogspotting, which came two days later. In the caption, I wrote about spotting him in Ohio, and the location services on Facebook tagged me in Cleveland.

This dog was undeniably cute. A tiny Jack Russell terrier named Suna. He should have racked up the likes.

But no, he was only liked or loved 27 times. It has taken me a whole month to get over this and compose myself ever since.

For those of you who aren’t a member of Dogspotting, a good photo will gets hundreds of likes, while the best are known to have thousands.

The only explanation for the lack of love my post received has to be the liberal bias of the admins and members of Dogspotting.

Seriously, look at this pupper.

Look at his lil feet

There’s simply no logical explanation for him to only be liked 27 times, except for the fact that I posted it from Cleveland during the RNC.

Why let politics take over an innocent and loving Facebook group? We must band together and #MakeDogspottingGreatAgain.

Politicians might be absolute dogs, but these puppers deserve non-partisan love.