Bernie’s dream lives on with his ‘Our Revolution’ project

He refuses to give up

Bernie’s window of opportunity to become president may now be closed, but that has not stopped him from fighting for a political revolution.

Shortly after his speech at the DNC, Bernie announced the founding of a new organization called Our Revolution. He continued to say: “The goal of this organization will be no different from the goal of our campaign: we must transform American politics to make our political and economic systems once again responsive to the needs of working families.”

Some of the organization’s main initiatives include bringing millions of working people and young people into the political system, recruiting and supporting progressive candidates across the entire spectrum of government, and elevating political consciousness by educating the public about the most pressing issues and their solutions.

Like in his campaign, he wants to continue the fight for a $15 minimum wage, universal healthcare, free public college, among many other things.

“If we are successful, what it will mean is that the progressive message and the issues that I campaigned on will be increasingly spread throughout this country,” Bernie explained.

“The goal here is to do what I think the Democratic establishment has not been very effective in doing. And that is at the grassroots level, encourage people to get involved, give them the tools they need to win, help them financially.”

For those who have supported him and continue to do so, this organization is a great way to get involved in seeing that the battles keep on keeping on.

Although Hillary Clinton has clinched the nomination, and although Trump is still an undeniable force, Bernie has refused to give up and will continue to advocate and promote the dream he and many have for the future of America.