These girls want pictures of you stuffing your face

‘Beautiful Women Eat’

Florida State juniors Lauren DiCesare and Tejika Baweja have turned their love for food and Instagram into an empowering social media page devoted to celebrating the beauty of food, friendships, and indulgence.

The creator’s Lauren DiCesare and Tejika Baweja

On DiCesare’s personal Instagram account she is known for taking the time to randomly celebrate those that are special to her by posting ‘appreciation posts.’

After a summer away from school, she was determined to catch up with those special friends and give them a shoutout.

Her first three friend dates all happened to be delicious meals with wonderful girls, and thus @beautifulwomeneat was born.

After starting her own mini-series on her personal Instagram page, Lauren decided that she loved the look, idea, and feedback she had gotten, and things took off from there.

Pho'real tho, @hwangry is like ?

A photo posted by Beautiful Women Eat (@beautifulwomeneat) on Jul 23, 2016 at 2:04pm PDT

DiCesare recruited one of her closest friends, Media/Communication Studies major Tejika Baweja, to assist with the project.

Tejika quickly jumped on board, bringing new ideas and a set of social media/marketing skills to the account. She helped develop the greater concept of the page, as well as the campaign’s logo.

Their primary motive is to celebrate food, friendship, and indulgence. Three of the most important things in life, in their opinion.

“Where there is an abundance of love, any food can become a feast,” is a motto for the page. You will see nothing but happy girls enjoying a meal with someone they love. It’s all about celebrating the small things in life that bring great happiness.

Where Instagram once was a place for people to post every pretty meal they ate, Beautiful Women Eat is reviving the idea of celebrating that it was the person you were with that made it special. 

The empowerment they want to focus on spans beyond breaking the stereotype of “eating like a lady” in public, and actually has more to do with uplifting female friendships.

Janecia is a strong-willed woman! Keep your eye on the prize, girl! ? thank you for the submission @bri.milord ?

A photo posted by Beautiful Women Eat (@beautifulwomeneat) on Jul 24, 2016 at 8:04am PDT

DiCesare explains, “there is this awful stereotype that gets thrown around that leads people to believe that female friendships are rarely healthy.

“Women have a reputation of tearing each other down, but I wants to shift that stereotype by encouraging women to build supportive friendships, and in that, beauty will shine through.”

The two acknowledge that their small page is still a developing idea, but the hope is that it will evolve into a fully fledged campaign. They want their page to appeal to many different audiences, but most importantly they just want their page to start conversations.

As far as future success goes, the pair is currently striving to receive a submission from the west coast from someone with no connection to either of the creators.

Lauren joked, “I’d be down to be on Ellen,” but for now the two want to thank everyone for the massive support they’ve received so far.

Falafels and friendship! @bri.milord

A photo posted by Beautiful Women Eat (@beautifulwomeneat) on Jul 18, 2016 at 12:48pm PDT

Follow the movement @BeautifulWomenEat on Instagram and direct message the account to submit your own beautiful picture of you or your friend stuffing your face.