Taylor Swift is becoming the person she’s always written songs about

She’d have some savage things to say about her behavior

It seems like for the past month the only thing people can talk about is Taylor Swift. Taylor Swift and Kanye. Taylor and Calvin Harris. Taylor and Tom Hiddleston.

Taylor’s relationships have already been a highly talked about subject over the past few years, but it seems like the recent Taylor Swift, Calvin Harris, and Tom Hiddleston drama takes the cake for the most major T-Swift love affair.

Now, I would like to make it clear that I am an avid T-Swifty fan. My fifth grade self couldn’t get enough of her, and she definitely helped me get through a lot of nights in high school. I’ve been to several of her concerts and own all of her albums. Trust me, she’s my girl (Love you, Tay Tay).

I have always been rooting for her and always will, but the recent rumors are making me reflect on the image of the girl that myself and many other girls look up to.

Yes, I have to admit I am slightly spiteful because I did think Calvin was an amazing match for her. I was devastated when my OTP (one true pairing) split, but I had to respect that it was “a relationship [that] came to an end & what [remained was] a huge amount of love and respect” tweeted Harris.

Harris sent that tweet soon after the breakup was announced but retracted the statement when he found out about #Hiddleswift. Everything switched on a dime. Instagram posts were deleted and subtweets (and even some direct tweets) were flying. All evidence of the relationship had disappeared and what was left were screenshots and rumors.

The world was freaking out. This was big news, and speculation was everywhere. Where did Tom come from? Why was that such a fast turn around? Did she cheat? How long have they known each other? It’s been been 15 days and she’s already met his mom???

Ok, yes. It might all be rumors, and we may never know all the facts, but something just seems a little off about the whole thing. This doesn’t seem like the same Taylor she would have wanted to be portrayed as when she first started.

I love Taylor and will continue to love her, but I have to say that all of this drama confuses and frustrates me.

It seems wrong to me that someone that has made a career off showing cheaters and wrongdoers not to mess with her is doing the same thing to someone else. We’ve all heard her best revenge songs and tear-jerking breakup songs. They are what made us love her. We are drawn to her as a role model because of her honest vulnerability as someone who has been beaten by love on such a public level and continues to get back up.

The quick turn around. The leaving someone in the dust. The public humiliation of someone she once cared for. The selfish attitude towards finding new happiness but not respecting her old. All of this is making her into the person she writes about.

It’s no secret that we all grow up and our images change, but the current image that is being portray of Taylor lacks much of the same luster that helped her grab an ‘American Sweetheart’ title.

I can’t imagine that if Taylor was in Calvin Harris’s shoes and she witnessed her ex publicly declare a new love interest a little less than a two weeks after their breakup she’d be just fine with it. That’s not the Taylor we know. She would definitely be writing up some pretty savage songs to capture her anger.

Yes, details from both sides of the story are missing. Yes, all parties involved have a right to keep their private lives private. Yes, everyone can act in which ever way they choose. I’m just saying it seems a little off.

As a Taylor Swift fan, I obviously want her to be happy. I see nothing wrong with her ending one relationship to start another one. Lord knows I have been praying for this girl to finally find the one. However, for someone who has been beaten and abused, she sure isn’t tiptoeing around any issues that have caused problems in the past (like going public too fast and meeting families in less than a month), and doesn’t really seem to be treating others the way she would want to be treated.