Trump is pushing for the trade union vote

He’s promised job creation and military protection

The AFL-CIO has endorsed Hillary Clinton for President of the United States, but many union members disagree with the organization’s decision.

While unions are prone to support left-wing candidates due to their democratic practices, undecided members are resonating with issues Donald Trump has brought to the election, such as job creation and military protection.

“The leadership of the AFL-CIO has made clear that it no longer represents American workers,” said Donald Trump in a recent press release.

“Instead, they have become part of the rigged system in Washington, DC that benefits only the insiders. I believe their members will be voting for me in much larger numbers than for her.”

Many union members struggle to make ends meet, and watch their jobs being taken overseas. Trump is appealing to union voters due to his working class ethic and the belief that he will succeed in making successful trade agreements to bring work back to our country.

Although Clinton has been endorsed, members are frustrated by her ties to Wall Street, claiming that she is a corporate puppet who does not have the best interest of the American people at hand.

The Guardian reported:

“…Working America, the political organizing arm of AFL-CIO, wanted to find out whether Trump’s “rightwing” message appealed to workers outside Cleveland and Pittsburgh. After interviewing about 1,689 working-class Americans living in households earning less than $75,000, they found out that Trump was in fact the favored candidate. Of the 800 voters who had decided on a candidate at the time of the interview, about 300 favored Trump. Combined, the two Democratic candidates appealed to fewer workers – 174 chose Clinton and 95 chose Sanders.”

The AFL-CIO has launched a campaign to target union voters who remain undecided, or plan to vote for the Republican nominee.

According to USA Today, the campaign will include digital ad buys, door knocking, and phone banking. This campaign aims to reach between five and six million voters in key swing states. It is their mission to sway undecided voters toward Clinton for a Democratic victory in November.

AFL-CIO President Richard Trumka has attempted to challenge Trump by using words to describe the businessman such as “bigot” and “anti-American.” Trumka goes on to criticize Trump for targeting a sympathetic audience, and using the anger and frustration of the working people to get ahead.

It is uncertain how effective this anti-Trump campaign will be in changing the minds of nearly 12.5 million rank-and-file members.

“I’m tired of hearing about the promises that career politicians offer, [that] become shallow, or empty,” said Joseph McCloskey, member of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, Local Union #3.

“The AFL-CIO has always backed the candidate that was supposedly labor friendly, only to back another double crossed politician that sends more jobs overseas.”

Other than job creation, Trump has also gained popularity due to his support of military and veteran care. His plans include to make sure the military has all of the supplies needed to be successful, and to ensure veterans receive the care they need in a timely fashion.

Trump has outlined a Veteran Administration Reform that lists all of the future goals he plans to make in order to better serve the American people.

“As a veteran, I am personally offended when I see the country that I love, slowly become a third world banana-republic dictatorship,” said McCloskey. “We are sworn to defend and protect the Constitution of the United States against all enemies; foreign and domestics; only to believe our vow to be taken in vain, and watch our God given rights get lost in bureaucratic edict.”

“That’s why I’m supporting Donald Trump for President of the United States!”