If you don’t vacation in the Blue Ridge Mountains, you’re missing out

Driving on the parkway is an experience in living

I have vacationed in the Blue Ridge Mountains every summer for the past three years and I always have a fantastic experience. The mountains stretch from Georgia all the way up to Pennsylvania.

Not only is the scenery breathtaking, the mountain range offers a variety of exhilarating outdoor activities. So, if you’re not vacationing in the Blue Ridge, you’re missing out.

Staying in a cabin with a view

Renting a cabin in the Blue Ridge Mountains is incredible. They’re always quaint and cozy with stunning views. Each cabin we’ve rented has backed up to a creek, which is the perfect place to sit and relax or to travel down with a tube.

You can’t sit with us

Cabins are a great place to stay in the Blue Ridge because you are tucked away in the woods. It is the perfect place to spend time with family and friends. Not to mention, you can have a fire each night, which means endless s’mores.

Zip-lining

On days when you’re not enjoying the comforts of your cabin, you need to find day excursions. Zip-lining offers an exciting activity for your friends and family. I have to admit, I was nervous getting ready to jump off the platform, but the entire experience was unforgettable. Flying through the forest with a view of the Blue Ridge Mountains to your right is a not a bad way to spend your day.

Whitewater rafting

Rafting on the Ocoee River

Whitewater rafting is so exciting and is one of the best things you can do in the Blue Ridge Mountains. It is a great activity to do with friends and family because it requires balance and teamwork. It is necessary to coordinate your rowing efforts when rafting on Class 4 waters. The scenery is fantastic and the water is refreshing. However, staying inside the raft can prove to be a challenge. I would recommend you wear footwear that can get wet.

Hiking

Amicalola Falls

Hiking along new trails is one of my favorite things to do. I love visiting new parks, and in the Blue Ridge Mountains there are plenty of parks to explore. One of my personal favorites is Amicalola Falls in Georgia. There are options to hike at varying skill levels and there is a beautiful waterfall.

Top of Mt. Pisgah

If you’re feeling especially adventurous, you can hike up a mountain. I hiked to the top of Mount Pisgah in North Carolina, and it was rough. Reaching the top of the mountain was so rewarding. My legs and butt were on fire, but no pain no gain, right?

Cute mountain towns

Nothing is better than exploring a small mountain town near the Blue Ridge Mountains. The locals are always so friendly and they all support the local businesses. My personal favorite is Asheville, North Carolina.

Asheville has the best local restaurants and street entertainment. Every night there is something new happening downtown. There are small boutiques that sell handcrafted items and delicious coffee shops. Also located in Asheville is the Malaprop’s bookstore. It is a wonderful bookstore that always has new books signed by authors and fantastic staff recommendations.

Blue Ridge Parkway

Blue Ridge Parkway

The Blue Ridge Parkway is a National Parkway and is one of the most beautiful roads I have ever driven on. On each side of the road, there is a view of the Blue Ridge Mountains. When you’re not fearing of falling off the side of the road, you are marveling at the scenic beauty surrounding you.

It spans from North Carolina to Virginia and in total is 469 miles long. Along the road, there are lookout points to stop your car to safely view the mountain range. Wouldn’t it be amazing to drive on this road in the fall?

Do yourself a favor and vacation in the Blue Ridge Mountains.