90s fashion trends you need in your wardrobe

Time to break out my overalls and blast some Blink 182

The biggest trend in fashion this season isn’t even a trend at all, but a comeback. Yes, everything you loved about 90s fashion is finally cool again. Everything your mother forced you into when you were young is now flying off the shelves and taking over the runway.

Now most likely, all the clothes you wore in the 90s don’t fit anymore (unless they do, then more power to you). This means you need to do a little bit of shopping. These are some top 90s trends that need to reclaim their spot in your closet.

Overalls

Back in the day, these bad boys were your one way ticket to loserville. These days, they have taken on a whole new spin. Sure, guys say they hate them, but when did we ever dress for guys? Overalls today are the perfect option when you don’t know what to wear. Plus who needs a purse with all of those pockets? You can carry everything from your walkman to all your Tamagotchi’s that aren’t dead yet.

Athletic wear which is now conveniently called ‘athleisure’

We all knew Sporty Spice was the best spice back in the day. Now you get to wear all the cute sporty wear without having to pretend like you’re sporty. Sweatshirt dresses, skinny sweatpants, and Adidas sneakers, the perfect combination of comfy and cute.

Birkenstocks

There are two types of people in this world: People who love Birkenstocks, and people who just haven’t worn them yet. The “Jesus sandal” used to only be worn by hippies, but now they are a staple in every closet right next to mom jeans.

Dark lipstick

Back in the day, the only girls who were caught dead in dark lips were one who also claimed to be in love with Satan. But not anymore. Dark tones are the perfect way to add a little sexy to your look without having to do much at all.

Tying your shirt around your waist

This trend you don’t even need to buy anything. Those flannels you’ve put in storage for the summer? You need to take them back out, and tie them around your waist. It’s the perfect amount of grunge without having to travel all the way to Seattle.

So don’t let anyone try and to stop you from wearing those overalls or rocking the hell out of your dark lips. With Blink 182 having a number one hit, and everyone and their mom being obsessed with Pokémon again, what better time would it be to start breaking out your favorite fashion from your favorite decade than now? It’s only a matter of time before we get MTV to start playing music videos again and it’s socially acceptable to start dancing the Macarena again (Just kidding, do that dance even when it isn’t socially acceptable).

Now I’m just waiting for the day I can start wearing my fanny pack again (And act like I don’t break it out every summer).