Stop judging me for being a shopaholic

It’s my money and I’ll spend it how I want

First off, we need to acknowledge that being a shopaholic is a true struggle to endeavor in the modern age. In addition to the traditional options such as malls and boutiques, there is the other culprit: online shopping. Now you can find anything within a few minutes and after pressing a few buttons it’s headed to your house. Nobody has a bottomless bank account, so how do we decide what is a worthy need and what is just a want? As much as you can really need an article of clothing that is.

To those who have shamed me for my decision to spend my money on clothes, I want to explain something to you: I am making an investment in something that I can potentially wear for years. I am making an investment in myself and in something that makes me happy. When I put certain pieces of clothing on, they complete me in ways that I just cannot describe. They are an extension of myself and show the world who I am. How am I supposed to turn it down? These are some of my absolute favorite pieces.

A good jacket is always a smart investment. You wear jackets much more frequently since they can be repeated without receiving any weird looks like you would for wearing the same shirt everyday. The number of times that I have worn my leather jacket in the photo is honestly easily over 100 times because I have had it since early high school.

Similar to jackets, shoes are also able to be repeated. Neutral styles that go with everything are great such as a great pair of flats, basic heels or my current personal favorite, the white sneaker. These shoes are also super comfortable.

A dress that makes you feel fabulous is always a great investment. You put it on and there is nothing or nobody that can stop you.

A white button-up is an essential in every single person’s wardrobe. In addition to the classic styles, there are different takes available such as this pleated version that allow you to put your own spin on it. This one was perfect for me because it feels a bit more modern and chic.

Not to mention that there are just occasions where there are sales that are too good to pass up. For instance, I snatched up this silky pajama inspired shirt at Topshop for only $35 when it was originally priced around $75. This is over half off! This is also a great transitional piece that can be styled from work to the evening time. With the dozens of compliments I have received and how happy wearing it makes me, I would say it was well worth it.

Overall, my point is that you should be allowed to spend your hard earned money on whatever floats your boat. If you want to blow entire paychecks on vacations, trading cards, food or whatever it may be I will support you because it makes you happy. There is no need to judge or shame anyone for that. So when you get your next paycheck, you do you and we’ll do us.

To my shopaholics, grab your credit cards and brace yourself for the sales and deals ahead because we aren’t going to let anyone stop us from buying it all (until we hit our limit that is). Happy shopping!