Guilty pleasures to watch when you’re hungover AF

Watch as some men get roses while others go home crying, just like you did last night

You know those mornings. The ones after a blurry night out, when you wake up feeling horrible and swear to yourself “I’m never drinking again.” While you know that to be a lie, in the aftermath of a turnt night out, we do hold one truth to be self-evident: the unalienable right to stay in bed all day. It’s a TV day. That’s no question.

But what should you watch? You’re not in the mood for just anything. You need the right kind of show to distract you from the fact that if you move even an inch your insides might explode. I know just the ones.

Here is a definitive ranking of the 10 best TV shows to watch when you’re too hungover to get out of bed:

The Real Housewives

If you want to watch a show that’s as trashy as how you feel, Real Housewives is the way to go. Orange County, Atlanta, New York City, take your pick. It’s basically same drama, different city. You can laugh at how absurd these women’s lives are and watch them stir up unnecessary drama, diamonds and plastic surgery galore. You may even be able to find solace in the fact that these grown women are actually more pathetic than your bedridden self.

Phineas and Ferb

Not what you expected? I know. But after a questionable night on the town, Phineas and Ferb is a great show to help you restore any semblance of childlike innocence. Forget the fact that you let strange men drink vodka out of your belly button, and instead live vicariously through these two pure-hearted brothers as they do incredible things with their days, all while you lay motionless in bed.

Bob’s Burgers

Want to keep the comforting cartoon feel but dismiss the Disney dialogue? Raunch it up with some Bob’s Burgers. Laugh at the hilarious Belcher family dynamics and take comfort in the fact that Tina’s romantic encounters have to be more awkward than yours were last night. Right??

Gilmore Girls

Take a trip to the charming small town of Stars Hollow and meet all its quirky characters. They may talk fast but the plot moves pretty slowly, so this is a great show to watch if you don’t have the mental strength to pay close attention. Immerse yourself in forty splendid minutes of town meetings, Friday night dinners, Luke’s coffee, and genius pop culture references that will go right over your head, and pretend the world really is such a happy-go-lucky place. Think to yourself, if my mother knew how hungover I was, would she be a Lorelai or an Emily?

Sex and the City

Follow the adventures of these four women as they take on love and life in New York City. Tell yourself you were more of a Charlotte last night when you know you were clearly a Samantha. Or maybe you were more of a Carrie, seeing as you met a Big of your own. But instead of a handsome, successful businessman, you’re referring to the Big bottle of wine you finished by yourself. It’s okay, they all find happiness in the end, so maybe once the vomiting subsides, you will too.

The Bachelorette

Cheer on JoJo and her handsome suitors in their quest for true love. Watch as some men get roses while others go home crying, just like you did last night.

Girls

Watch Lena Dunham be relatable AF. Feel better just by knowing that you’re not the only one who doesn’t have a clue what the f*ck you’re doing with your life. People make mistakes. Don’t let one (two? three? ten?) handle pull(s) define you.

How I Met Your Mother

Watch Ted and the gang recount crazy stories that have practically nothing to do with how he meets the mother, and pretend that last night was just a necessary evil in bringing you one step closer to meeting your soulmate. This feel-good show with its goofy characters, intriguing plot lines, and heartwarming messages is guaranteed to help you forget that you drunk texted your ex. But hey, at least you didn’t get a butterfly tramp stamp.

Friends

If you find yourself wondering, *Chandler voice* “Could I BE any more hungover?” Watch Friends. If you don’t already know why then drinking too much is the least of your worries.

Keeping Up with the Kardashians

Keeping Up with the Kardashians is the best guilty pleasure reality TV show in existence. I don’t know what it is, but I could watch these girls eat 400-dollar salads for days. We all want to pretend we don’t care what Kim K and her fam are up to, but let’s be honest with ourselves. We do. It’s fun to see how the other half lives. Watch Kim take selfies, Kourtney have her seventh child, Khloe change her hair color three times per episode, and Kris pretend she’s still “one of the girls.” And we can’t forget the amazingness that is Lord Disick. Something about this show is so addictive that you’ll find yourself wanting more and more until your hangover is gone yet you keep watching anyway. But if you’re feeling bad for doing nothing all day, just know that these girls made careers out of doing nothing. Anything is possible.