I actually tried to recreate BuzzFeed’s ‘Tasty’ recipes

It’s not nearly as easy as it looks

If you are constantly on the internet I am sure you have seen Buzzfeed’s ‘Tasty’ videos. Every time I am on Facebook, I spend a majority of my time staring at their delicious treats. I have bookmarked more than half of the recipes to try and recreate. So I finally decided I would try out a few to see if they are as easy and pretty as they make them look– here is my attempt to recreate BuzzFeed’s ‘Tasty’ recipes.

I tried to recreate BuzzFeed’s ‘Tasty’ Mini S’more Pies

Original recipe

My attempt 

Total time: 1 hour 40 minutes

After watching their video and reading the recipe I thought that this wouldn’t be too hard. The easiest part for sure was crushing the graham crackers, mixing them and then baking them. The hardest part was making the chocolate filling because I wasn’t too sure of the consistency. Once the filling was made everything came together well, minus the marshmallows. In their video the marshmallows perfectly cook over the chocolate and mine did not do that at all. When I did it, the marshmallows just cooked on the top, but then I realized I could push down on them to make it expand all over. These were a little bit too sweet for my taste, but I think if you have a strong sweet tooth these are perfect!

Overall I think that this is super easy for people to make and just as tasty as it looks.

Avocado Fries 

Original recipe 

My attempt

Total time: 20 minutes

I picked this recipe because I’m obsessed with avocados and thought it would be amazing. This was probably the quickest to make of the three. I was having trouble really covering the slices with bread crumbs, some places they would stick to really well and others they would just slide off. In their video when the are serving the fries at the end they use three different dips, but I forgot to pick up any of those so I used a Sriracha ranch dressing. This dressing added so much more flavor to the fries.

Overall these fries are fun and definitely healthier than regular fries, but I would rather eat avocados plain.

Apple Fritter Rings 

Original recipe

My attempt

Total time: 35 minutes

I decided to pick the apple fritter rings because I wanted to try something not as sweet as the mini s’mores pies. Looking at the recipe I was concerned about the batter, which was flour and ginger ale mixed together. I had no idea how this would actually taste good over the apples. I had fun making these and dunking the apples into the burning hot oil (even though it kept splashing all over me). The biggest problem I had was cutting the apples, I kept cutting the apples too thick or they wouldn’t be a full circle. The preparation and cook time were both very fast. I added some cinnamon sugar on top of them when they were done and it made them so good. The apples inside the fried batter were warm still and I thought that this recipe would be even better if vanilla ice cream was added.

Overall this was the tastiest in my opinion. I would definitely make it again and add the vanilla ice cream to improve it. This is just as easy as the avocado fries if not easier.

Final thoughts

I had a lot of fun trying to recreate BuzzFeed’s ‘Tasty’ recipes because I honestly didn’t think I would be able to recreate them (I low-key felt like a mini chef). I think it took me a while to make the mini s’more pies because I kept getting distracted and also was modifying the recipe to make less. As for actually trying to recreate BuzzFeed’s ‘Tasty’ videos, it was nearly impossible alone. You would have to have someone filming directly over you or you would have to get a real camera with a tripod. I definitely want to try to make more off of the ‘Tasty’ section, but I think more dinner or breakfast dishes. They have great recipes if you’re having a small get-together and need a ton of small dishes or treats.