I drank a gallon of water a day for a week

If you want to pee every ten minutes, I recommend this challenge

Did you know that a gallon is equal to approximately 4.5 liters? Well, I surely didn’t before starting this challenge.

So lately I’ve been on this “I’m going 360” kick which basically means that I want to lose as much weight as possible before summer ends. I started by signing up for the gym and eating healthy – crazy right? It’s like I don’t recognize myself anymore!  I decided to pick up the gallon a day challenge, let’s just say it was the most intense pressure my bladder has been under, ever.

This past week my days would basically look like this:

Wake up – Pee – do something – pee – drink water – pee – cry because I forgot to drink water – pee – chug – pee – chug – pee

In order to stay on track, I used a gallon that had a time schedule on it and it played as my best friend and worst enemy.

On the first day, I remember feeling so bloated and nauseas because of all the water I had drank. I also remember cursing myself for taking on this challenge. If I drank too fast, I’d feel sick, but If I drank too slow, I felt like I would last days drinking the same gallon. The amount of water that went into my body this past week has truly allowed me to be placed in the shoes of a pregnant lady.

But let’s talk about how I think I learned where every single bathroom in my town is located. Trying to find a bathroom each time was like trying to find a Kylie Jenner lip kit for purchase – insane. And the pee jokes I’ve had to hear every time I announced I had to pee…

Anyway, there were some days during this week where I would go to bed and stare at the gallon in front of me and start cursing at who ever I thought was listening because I had some water left. I was so “pissed” off that I even thought about flushing the water and trying to forget it. But I couldn’t. Every time I thought about getting up and throwing the gallon far far far away, I felt like I would just make myself drink twice as much the following day. Self control, people!

I did notice however that I was in luck for starting the challenge on a day that my skin decided to play on the opposite team (like always) and  breakout. I read that this challenge would help clearing your skin up so I decided to test it.

But, what was weird was that on the third day I started to break out even more (and I cried, very hard and very easily from the water intake, if that even correlates) so I decided to look it up, and little did I know that when you drink a ton of water in a day, your body starts to release toxins that lead to pimples. By the last day, my skin had cleared up a little but not completely.  My hair did feel softer, but I’m not sure if the water intake was the cause. I also noticed that I did have a lot more energy this week.

Having completed all seven days of this gallon a day challenge was very strange. It felt both great and terrible.

It definitely was not easy and thank God I had someone doing it with me. Shout out to my aunt Viv for this one.

Have to go pee now, xo.