The hottest guys on TV from south of the Mason Dixon

Everything is bigger in Texas

Even Hollywood knows there’s nothing better than a Southern gentleman. That’s why all the hottest characters on our screens call south of the Mason-Dixon Line home.

Here are some of the most attractive leading men on TV.

Bo Duke, The Dukes of Hazzard – Hazzard County, Georgia

This blonde-haired, blue-eyed Southerner was an ex-stock car driver, good with a bow and involved in the family business of moonshine. He drove the General Lee (the coolest car in the country) and yelled “Yee-Haa!” every chance he got.

Damon Salvatore, The Vampire Diaries – Mystic Falls, Virginia

THOSE EYES. The classic bad boy turned hopeless romantic will have you constantly drooling. And he has a hot younger brother, so you can set up your best friend.

Daryl Dixon, The Walking Dead – North Georgia

He rides a motorcycle, is covered in tattoos, smokes and carries a crossbow. He’s everything our dads warned us about, but we all fell hard for Daryl after seeing his ripped arms for the first time. He had a rough childhood in North Georgia and has some redneck tendencies, but he’s got a big heart and stands up for his friends.

Andre Daniels, Being Mary Jane – Atlanta, Georgia

Okay, okay. I know he cheated on his wife with Mary Jane (who didn’t know he was married), but that doesn’t change the fact he is smokin’. Seriously, just take a look at those biceps.

Lucas Scott, One Tree Hill – Tree Hill, North Carolina

On the exterior, Lucas is a small-town basketball star, but on the inside, he’s a talented writer who is in touch with his emotions. He loves his mom and knows the importance of family – he’ll be the perfect father to your kids.

Tim Riggins, Friday Night Lights – Dillon, Texas

Everything’s bigger in Texas, and Riggins’ muscles are the perfect example. He’s the tough guy with a heart of gold, and the guy who has made mistakes but wants to make it right by loving you for the rest of your life.

Preston Cruz, Reckless – Charleston, South Carolina

We all love a man in uniform, but Detective Cruz looks even hotter with his shirt off. I’m headed down to commit a crime in South Carolina right now just so he can investigate me.

Gunnar Scott, Nashville – Austin, Texas

A sweet Texan who melts hearts with his songs, Gunnar is the type of guy your mother would pick for you. He’s suffered a lot of heartbreak, but still believes in true love. At the end of a long day, he’ll be waiting for you with a soft smile and a big hug.

Marcel Gerard, The Originals – New Orleans, Louisiana

He’s got a sexy smirk and even sexier smile – not to mention his abs. During the first season of the show, he adopted and cared for a young girl, showing the qualities that would make him a great dad to y’all’s future children.

Wade Kinsella, Hart of Dixie – Bluebell, Alabama

As a kid, Wade had to deal with the death of his mother, and now he has to take care of his alcoholic dad. He may have once gotten married on a shrimp boat, but he has now grown into a responsible man who can make a mean gumbo.

Alcide Herveaux, True Blood – Jackson, Mississippi

Part human, part wolf, ALL MUSCLES. Enough said.

Bill Compton, True Blood – Bon Temps, Louisiana

He might not have the muscles of his co-star, but William Thomas Compton a is true Southern gentleman. He fought in the Civil War, is well-mannered and the picture of chivalry.