The best parts of Huntington, New York

If Taylor Swift filmed Blank Space here, isn’t that proof enough we’ve got it going on

When people hear New York, their first thought probably isn’t Huntington. But when we hear Huntington, our first thoughts are always:

Little Vincent’s Pizza

Anyone who has ever walked around Huntington village knows that this pizza place is the place to go for lunch or dinner. Best of all, this pizzeria is known for its topping that you can’t miss out on. When it all melts together, it’s a little slice of heaven.

Photo credit: Foodspotting.com

Heckscher Park and Museum of Art

Known for its lovely pond that everyone and their mother has walked by, the annual fall festival in October, and its tulip festival in May, this park has always been an awesome place to go. No matter what season, there is always something fun to do. There’s wildlife, a playground, the pond, bridges, and tennis and basketball courts- a nice variety for all ages of visitors. From taking pictures here with friends, to walking the circle around the pond to get some fresh air, it’s always been an enjoyment to go here. Not to mention that there is an incredible art museum here containing centuries of European and American art, along with sculptures and landscape paintings.

Photo credit: huntingtonny.gov

The Long Island Sound… or just any beach

From the Christmas lights boat show in December at Huntington Harbor to the Long Island beaches here in the summer, you probably have gone to the water in Huntington at least once.

The Paramount

This awesome concert venue is two floors and has had various famous performers of all genres and comedy as well for all ages. Its lively nightlife feel brightens the place and gets everyone attending a show there so excited.

Photo credit: Baltimoresun.com

Caumsett State Park

Situated on a peninsula on the Long Island sound, this is one of my favorite places on Long Island. From hiking to walking to cross country to skiing to beaches and meadows, you can never get bored here. Everyone knows about the famous walkway, where the halfway point is a mansion facing the Long Island Sound and Connecticut, and then walking back you pass through lovely hills and forests. I love the views, paths and everything about this place. For as long as I can remember I have come here and have loved it every single time.

Caumsett Park Mansion

Hills, trees, and the Long Island Sound!

Oheka Castle

If you don’t already know, this is where Taylor Swift’s Music Video Blank Space takes place! This mansion is perfect for a dinner, wedding or special event.  Kevin Jonas got married here and even Derek Jeter was supposed to get married here. The formal gardens, restored estate, fancy restaurant and hotel are amazing and must sees.

Chateau-style estate

Walt Whitman Mall

Who hasn’t walked around this 80 store mall and hasn’t had a good time? With some of the best stores, this is the place to shop. From clothing stores, to Apple, Brookstone, Coach, and even The Cheesecake Factory, this place mall will cater to every one of your needs. Conveniently located in the same shopping center as Michael’s Arts and Crafts, Tropical Smoothie and even Five Guys, how could you not want to shop for a little bit?