All of the fashion trends women love but guys don’t understand

Wtf is peplum

Not all fashion trends make sense, not all fashion trends are comfortable and not all fashion trends are fabulous. Every person has fads that they love and hate but not all of them are comprehendible.

You know who will never understand? Men. There are thousands of fashion trends that women love, but guys just don’t understand.

Here are some looks that girls adore and guys will never be able to comprehend.

High-waisted jeans

Boy: Why are those jeans so high up? Are they mom jeans? They also seem uncomfortable.

Girl: They cover up the fact that I had a really big lunch today. They hide my not-so-skinny stomach. And they let me wear a crop top without feeling insecure.

Bright red lipstick

Boy: You literally look like a cheap hooker.

Girl: Red lipstick is empowering and gives me confidence. It makes me feel like I can take on the world. Bright red lipstick helps complete the strong image I am going for. It’s not just make-up, it’s a tool for my mind.

Peplums

Boy: Why is your shirt sticking out like that?

Girl: It’s the perfect mix between casual and fancy. They go really well with jeans or a skirt and perfect for any situation.

Fake nails

Boy: I have never even noticed your nails.

Girl: A girl’s nails are a reflection of herself. Whether they’re bright, sharp nails or simple, short, clean-cut nails, it shows what type of person the girl is. Fake nails are a huge trend because they are just so much easier than taking care of natural nails. Just glue them on and you’re good to go.

Heavy eye makeup

Boy: Are you a raccoon? Or are you gothic?

Girl: I don’t really care if you like or dislike my eye makeup because this dark eye shadow is flawless. It makes me look intense and mysterious and that is exactly what I am trying to do. Just because you think it’s too much does not mean that it is.

Harem Pants

Boy: Are those supposed to be sweats? Or like an attempt at fancy sweats?

Girl: Harem pants are insanely comfortable. They’re great for dance or just being casual. I also feel like I am a character in Aladdin which is like a dream come true.

Pant suits

Boy: Is that my suit…? Or are you Hillary Clinton?

Girl: There is a double standard when it comes to pant suits because of how non-feminine pant suits look. A pant suit may not be as flattering as a fitted dress or a skirt and top combo, but it is empowering and helps women feel stronger. Always gotta dress for success!

Oversized sweaters

Boy: I think this is just a new excuse not to wear pants.

Girl: It feels like being wrapped in a big blanket. It does not always require me to wear pants and even when it does, I can just throw on some old leggings. This oversized sweater makes me feel warm and safe and I don’t care if it looks like its 3 sizes bigger than I am.

And most importantly, the perfectly arched eyebrow

Boy: Your eyebrows always look the same.

Girl: A perfect eyebrow is the solution to a perfect life. Girls judge other girls based on their eyebrows. The sharp definition of the arch, the nicely combed hair and the luscious flow define your face. If you have perfect eyebrows, then you ain’t got no worries.

Some of the reasoning behind the admiration for a fashion trend may be ridiculous but it’s just the way we like it. Even if boys don’t approve, that will not stop me from wearing whatever I want.