Don’t listen to the haters, go ahead and post that sexy photo

If it makes you feel good, who really cares?

It seems like every time I check Instagram, Twitter or Facebook there is some article or picture about a celebrity being shared. Typically, as of late, these shared posts are people bashing a celebrity for a picture they post, often calling it “too sexy” or that it is “inappropriate for a mother,” (looking at you, Kim K).

While everyone has a right to say what they want and express it, I rarely see people bitching about Channing Tatum and other fine as hell male celebrities get backlash for posting shirtless photos. I mean Justin Bieber just posted a photo grabbing his junk, which I’ll admit I was VERY excited about. But if I went and posted a picture covering my lady bits and only my lady bits, there would be hell to pay.

So why is this? Why is it that women are ripped apart for being happy with themselves?

One thing I do know is that no girl ever would post a picture of herself she didn’t feel she looked bomb in. We save that for snapchat and only to those few special friends who can handle the “ugly selfies.” I highly doubt a guy would either, but I’m pretty positive girls go further into the thought process of picking out a photo to post. I can attest to the fact that I have spent time finding the perfect lighting that highlights my body and face in just the right places, I play with filters and then make a decision on what to post.

We have all seen the Kim K naked mirror pic as well as her topless selfie with Emily Ratajkowski. If you haven’t, you either live under a rock or have been without access to internet for the last few months. Both of these women look amazing in my opinion, and from the pose is of flipping off the camera, they’re letting everyone know they don’t give a fuck what you think of the photo.

When we're like…we both have nothing to wear LOL @emrata

A photo posted by Kim Kardashian West (@kimkardashian) on Mar 30, 2016 at 11:57am PDT

Is Kim Kardashian a model mother? That’s everyone’s own opinion. But just because she has kids that doesn’t mean she has to hide her body from the world, and I think is the message that is getting sent when people disagree with her photos. And she is not the only one.

Angelina Jolie, Katy Perry, hell even Jennifer Aniston sometimes posts pictures that are considered to be “too sexy.” According to Merriam-Webster, sexy is defined as sexually appealing, attractive, or exciting; having interesting or appealing qualities. This is pretty broad. Sexy is defined differently depending on the person.

We all take and are in photos that make us feel good, but if you’re like me you might think it’s not appropriate to post. But I think it’s time we stop caring about the haters because they’re never gonna go away.

Whether your “sexy” photo is you in a bikini or you giving a killer pouty face showing off your new lipstick, post the hell out of it. If it makes you happy and feel good about yourself, that’s all that matters. Self love over everything.