I updated my Facebook status like it was 2006

~*~check it outtttt~*~

I was probably the most embarrassing Facebook user of all time when I was 13. Excessive lettering, telling people to “txtttt it”, documenting my every move and more was my go to Facebook post. Did anyone actually care what I was doing? Probably not, but I went and exposed myself to the world in the only way a 13 year old knew how.

After a year or two of living through these truly awful Facebook statuses again thanks to the app Time Hop, I wondered what it’d be like if people today still posted statuses like we used to. Would people actually listen to me when I put “txt it” after my status? Would it get likes? Would any one ask me if I was OK and why my grammar was so bad? The questions were endless, and my intrigue got the best of me. So, I decided to pretend like it was 2010 on Facebook.

This was the first status I posted. I was going to the movies with my boyfriend, which I normally wouldn’t dedicate an entire post to.

Surprisingly, this got some likes but no one really questioned it. Not surprisingly, this status actually worked! No one texted me.

The next day got a little more attention than my first post.

As you can see, my friends weren’t really into it. But I was determined to keep my statuses going despite them making fun of me.  I was resilient.

The statuses were slowly losing their shock factor and gaining less and less likes from friends. Sad day to be a Facebook status poster. Even my sister understood the time period that my status belonged in.

Another day, another sad Facebook status that gets no love. The only thing I have to look forward to from this experiment is watching Jojo try and find true love on The Bachelorette tonight.

And thus ends my Facebook status adventures.