Apparently condoms don’t actually affect a guy’s performance

They will probably still complain about it though

We all know men hate condoms, and they have no shortage of complaints and excuses as to why they shouldn’t have to wear them; the most common being that it affects how they do it.

A recent study conducted by the Journal of Sexual Medicine showed that condoms may not actually affect sexual performance at all, and the men who complain might be attributing their struggles to the wrong place.

The aim of the study was to “investigate, in a sample of condom-using, heterosexual men (aged 18-24 years), whether men who report condom-associated erection problems (CAEP) are more likely to have erection problems with not using condoms and meet the criteria for erectile dysfunction.”

In the study, 479 men answered questions about erection problems and completed the International Index of Erectile Function to determine whether or not they have erectile dysfunction (ED) tendencies. It turns out that the 61.7 percent all of men who reported having CAEP were also significantly more likely to report erection difficulties when not using condoms, leading the researchers to believe that the problems were actually not condom related at all.

Confirming this is the fact that men who reported experiencing condom-associated erection problems also scored significantly lower on the Erectile Function Index, indicating that they exhibited mild to moderate ED characteristics.

This basically means guys who say condoms are affecting their performance are likely to have performance issues anyway, regardless of the presence of condoms.