I finally told my Hispanic family that I’m voting for Donald Trump

It’s time for the silent majority to be heard

Last weekend, my family came together for a small gathering. Amid the overflowing plates of stew chicken and empanadas, I heard “that” dreadful conversation begin. Political conversations are something that just cannot be dodged with an election this chaotic. When my uncle asked me who I’m voting for, let’s just say that the room went silent with judgment and concerned faces.

There are two things you shouldn’t speak about with family, and that is sports and politics. And you REALLY shouldn’t speak about your extreme republican views with your Hispanic family.

I am a Donald J. Trump supporter, and unlike the silent majority, I am not afraid to say it. Reluctant Trump supporters should not be ashamed about the presidential candidate they support. You need to stand up for what you believe in, even though it’s difficult at times.

I support Donald Trump

Living in a city that practically has a “Democrat or Die” mantra, it can be difficult to openly support Trump. You’re constantly in a situation to defend your views, and always ready for a heated political debate to spark at a moment’s notice.

I think it’s safe to say that the presidential candidates that America has to choose from aren’t the sharpest tools in the shed. Hillary Clinton is under federal investigation, Bernie Sanders is offering free services that will never see the light of day, and Donald Trump can be obnoxious at times.

What’s difference between these three candidates? Only one of them isn’t afraid to speak the truth.

Trump does not have someone dictating what to say, and when to say it. He isn’t politically correct, and is not afraid of the PC police. In fact, the media is to blame for his overwhelming success.

Trump is a businessman. While some may see this as a weakness since he does not have any political experience, I see it as a strength. The major issue that needs to be fixed is our economy. Trump’s businesses include several hotels, golf courses, and real estate (net worth of 4.5 billion, says Forbes Magazine) which gives him the experience needed to balance our nation once again.

According to conservative national media commentator Wayne Allyn Root, President Obama has wrecked the United States economy. “We know Obama, Hillary and the mainstream media are lying about ‘economic recovery.’ There is no recovery. We have been living in an eight year-long Obama Great Depression,” said Root.

Studies show Obama has contributed to the declining unemployment rate, but that is just not enough. A recent article in the New York Post exposes the ugly truth about Obama’s “great” economy. While he has helped reduce unemployment rates, labor force participation rates dropped 4.3 percent, Americans living below the poverty line increased by 3.5 percent, median household income decreased by 2.3 percent, and food stamp participants increased by 39.5 percent while Obama has been in office.

There are many celebrities who have endorsed Trump because of his business alone. Mike Tyson, a former boxing heavyweight champion who is also Muslim, announced his support for Trump in an interview with the Huffington Post. “He should be president of the United States… Let’s try something new. Let’s run America like a business, where no colors matter. Whoever can do the job, gets the job,” Tyson said. Americans are searching for something new, something that can give us hope.

Now onto the lack of political experience. That’s OK! There is a little thing called the Cabinet of the United States. The Cabinet includes the Vice President, and the head of 15 executive departments, which are the Secretaries of Agriculture, Commerce, Defense, Education, Energy, Health and Human Services, Homeland Security, Housing and Urban Development, Interior, Labor, State, Transportation, Treasury, Veterans Affairs, and the Attorney General. The Cabinet’s main responsibility is to advise the President on any subject he may need, and they will do just that.

America does not need another established politician. Trump is a self-funding, deserving candidate who has an opportunity to win it all. Trump and Clinton have been neck and neck in the polls the past couple of weeks, while Bernie is just in it for the ride at this point.

With two serious candidates still attempting to sway voters towards their presidential campaign, it is time to pick the lesser of two evils.

Crooked Hillary or The Donald?