You haven’t been ‘friend-zoned’. She’s just not interested

It’s everything but friendly

The infamous term, “friend-zone” refers to when one person is left in the dust lusting because the other is not interested.

According to Urban Dictionary, all interpretations of the word (on the very first page) refer to men’s heartbreak and sadness because they failed at getting the girl. It’s pretty apparent because they complain about it way more than women. Even more useful to know, they tend to be the guys who say they’re “nice” guys, which, in my experience, is rarely accurate. Guys who claim they’re “nice guys”, or that they’ve been “friend-zoned” only say this because they are helpless to show you they think they deserve a reward for acting this way. They will waste your time. They are complete assholes.

Is it that hard to understand when a girl clearly isn’t into you in that sense? Just because we’re acting super nice and sweet around you doesn’t mean we’re trying to fuck you; we’re just being decent people. You’ll know when you’re not attracting a woman if you keep bugging you or being flirty and she isn’t taking any of it. The ugly term “friend-zone” makes it seem like being friends is almost impossible because there will always be that underlying sexual desire. That any minute, the friendship will become something more, like they always knew it would. Like the friendship is a waiting room for a main attraction.

What’s wrong with being friends? The girl who you are attracted obviously gives you a reason to be attracted to. Are you just listening to her problems so you can get in bed with her because she’s really hot? Think about your end of that. Try thinking of having a great friend and finding out they’ve listened to you days on about your life because all they want is to sleep with you and move on with their life instead of helping yours by being a friend.

It seems like the term is literally only used because the guys can’t face rejection. The friend-zone excuse just complicates and denigrates the right to say “no” without having to apologise for it. It allows the people using the excuse to hide in their own sadness, as though they were the only one to face the rejection.

Above all it’s immature. It betrays how much anyone using the “friend-zone” as a legitimate excuse, bluntly, just needs to grow up and move on. Life isn’t all about sex. If a man can get over the term, life will be better because you will quit being the ass complaining about how no girl is into you. If you’re rejected, you know you can continue your life. You can find better, meaningful relationships rather than a hookup.The best way to live life is with friends whom you’ve known for a meaningful amount of time. True friends will survive a lifetime, hook-ups won’t.

Don’t give up trying to find your partner for life or for a day. Just quit blaming girls who aren’t into you.