Indoor meeting of households banned as York moves into Tier Two of Covid alert

The ban includes pubs and restaurants

York Outer MP Mr Julian Sturdy has confirmed that the city of York will be moving into Tier Two of the government’s new COVID-19 alert system, York Press reports.

The change will be made from 12:01am on Saturday 17th October.

The progression from Tier One to Tier Two means tougher restrictions throughout the city including a ban on indoor household mixing which includes pubs, bars and restaurants.

The rule of six however, still applies to meeting people outdoors including private garden spaces.

Pubs, bars and restaurants are not being asked to close under Tier Two of the new restrictions. However, the 10pm curfew is still in place as well as the mandatory use of face coverings unless medically exempt. There are also restrictions on table service and group bookings.

There has been a continuous rise in coronavirus cases in the city of York with the case rate at 247.37 per 100,000 people on October 12th.

It is also reported that the council’s director of public health, Sharon Stoltz, said that there are more than 30 people who have been admitted to York Hospital with coronavirus.

Recommended articles by this writer: