Image may contain: Wine, Alcohol, Drink, Beverage, Human, Person

Over 500 York students have signed up to Sugar Daddy website

York had the 7th most sugar babies of UK unis

Figures published last week revealed that over 500 students in York signed up to Seeking Arrangement.

Seeking Arrangement is a site where Sugar Daddies (and Mummies) can go to find potential sugar babies.

The University of York placed seventh for universities with the most sugar babies registered to the website, according to the website's annual survey.

Seeking Arrangement published data last week showing the top 20 universities with the highest number of students signed up to their website.

The figures showed that in 2019, 460 University of York students were signed up to the website, placing York seventh on the list of most UK university students registered on Seeking Arrangment.

There were also a further sixty students at York St. John who were also registered on the sugar daddy website.

SeekingArrangement said its figures were determined by students who registered with their university email.

According to the company's stats the number of student members has risen five per cent from the previous year.

Founder and CEO of SeekingArrangment Brandon Wade said in a statement: "Students understand the importance of a degree but with the magnitude of debt that may follow them after graduating, they are being forced to find alternative methods to finance their education."

He added: "Sugar Daddies not only provide financial relief, but mentor these students on how to manage their finances and
elevate their typical uni lifestyle.”

University of London topped the list of most students registered on the website with 840 members, closely followed by University of Portsmouth with 750 student members.

University of York were closely behind Manchester Metropolitan University who had 480 student signed up.