Image may contain: Animal, Dog, Canine, Pet, Pug, Mammal

A pug pop up café coming to York

Oh my puggness!

While York’s new cat café, The Cat’s Whiskers, has already brought us endless joy, we know you’ve all been thinking one thing: what about dogs? Well, fear no more, because we’ve got just the thing for you.

York’s first ever pop up pug café is being brought to town by Pup Up Café and Revolution York.

This pugtastic event will take place at Revolution on Coney Street on Sunday 23rd February, from 10 to 11:30.

The event is hosted by Pup Up Café , who are renowned for their pop up doggy based event's where owners, dog lovers and dogs are brought together. They have hosted events all over the country for many different breeds of dogs including Frenchies, Poodles and Dachshunds.

The Facebook event page describes how the pugs will enjoy endless fun in various ball pits, tunnels with toys and many other fun props for them to play with. Dog treats will be displayed throughout the day, with dedicated "treat stations" and there is even a competition for the best dressed pup.

With an estimated at least 50 pugs on the scene, and Revolution to be full of pug related trade stands, and free unlimited puppucinos for the pooches it is definitely not an event to be missed.

Tickets, available here, are expected to sell out quickly due to the events popularity. It is £8 for a pug parent, £10 for a pug-less human and all pugs go free but still need a ticket.

So, what are you waiting for? Whether you need a break from uni work, or a ray of sunshine in the winter blues, this is the perfect event for you to pet lots of good doggos.

Recommended stories:

Research from the University of York has been used to create a podcast for dogs

Being a dog person makes you a better human being, according to science